vladtepes

bugsy group buy resolution thread

Although your CC company will credit you the disputed amount while there's an investigation pending, that credit can always be "clawed back".

It can be reversed if the vendor proves you have the item he sold you. When you file a CB you are credited instantly then your bank sends the dispute to the sellers merchant bank. At that point the merchant bank contacts the seller and ask for proof of signature for the charge. If no proof them the CB stays and its made final. if the seller proves his case then it will be reversed in his favor... which of course in this case would not happen.

the entire process can take 30 days

If anyone goes tomorrow to file a complaint, please let me know what's involved. I need to know whether or not to take a whole day off from work. Ryan called me friday and said he was sending me a money order (for the FTS mount and shipping) on Saturday. He said he would provide conformation for both the M/O and shipping. Surprise surprise I received nothing. I've had enough!

I got my MO refund for qd and shipping.  Nothing refunded to my CC yet though

I've been in contact with square -- they are useless -- can't even find the original transaction

David here said he got as far as square saying the refunds where not processed due to lack of funding

The brief discussion I had with Ryan Friday I did mention square doesn't have refund money -- he did not deny

You need to file a dispute with your cc co -- send them a link to the other thread as evidence -- its the only way to get your

money back -- don't wait too long -- there MAY be evidence of bankruptcy coming --

I filed the dispute late last week and will need to follow up tomorrow.  I don't foresee any issues getting the money back thru my cc company.

Here's what Square states regarding refunds:

"When you issue a refund, we temporarily hold your funds to cover that refund, even if those funds are available within your Square balance immediately. As soon as the refund has been processed, Square will send your funds to your bank account per our normal nightly deposit. Refunds typically take 2 business days to process but can take up to 7 business days. Once that process is complete, your customer should see the refund applied to their account within 7 business days."

The money isn't there...looks like he needed quick money and thought he may have it back by now but doesnt which is why he keeps stringing everybody along. Property forclosure and bankruptcy are hell of a motive to scam people out of money. There is your intent.

Has anyone tried to contact Egg Harbor PD?  --  Does anyone have the time to do it tomorrow?  

I would certainly participate in a group filing thru his local PD but I can't arrange it right now --  Anyone retired or have some free time this week?

I wouldn't expect a refund from Square:

I would recommend contacting the merchant to request a refund by cash or check.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any additional questions, please let me know

And, after talking to Ryan last Friday at length, I wouldn't expect a refund by cash or check either for the full amount.  The only recourse is to have your CC company give you the provisional credit and let them try and claw it back from Square which was his plan all along.

My daughter just called, I have a USPS Money order for $27. Waiting at home for me, so I'm happy about that, however still no F'n refund from Square.

There will not be a refund from square --  Ryan's account had no funds -- He used our money and doesn't have it to refund

Thats a thief, plain and simple

Call your CC co and tell them about the thread -- Use it as evidence of the scam --  They should refund you and then use the evidence there to charge that turd

If square was going to give us refunds, it would've processed and cleared a LONG time ago. 

He stole our money plain and simple.  It's just funny to me that the one person who paid by check, which at the time seemed like the most unsecured method, was the ONLY one to get the full amount back.

I bet this kid is popping up promising deals all over every kind of forum he can get into. 

I bet this kid is popping up promising deals all over every kind of forum he can get into. 

Yes, he's been doing this for years.  Time for it to stop.

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=60184

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/vendor-seller-feedback/46607-no-kudos-user-zapconj-www-reefpenguins-com.html

• Like 1

I was the one who paid by check, the reason i used that method of payment was beacause I was having trouble trying to pay via his square link for some reason, being I have delt with many here who were totally honest I figured I could trust him. I guess I got lucky getting the refund when I did, its ashame that this happened, I knew something wasn't right from the very beginning though, kind of felt it in my bones. Did anyone file charges?

I have not filed charges yet, however I would like to. Like discussed before, I think we should all do it together. I dont think anyone will really care about $450. I think our CC companies will write it off (what he's hoping for). I do believe they would take interest to the full sum he stole.

Look I have no horse in this race nor dog in the fight so to speak, but I feel strongly about subjects like these... *YOU HAVE TO* file charges and push until you can't push anymore.  It looks like there is a pattern here, and you cannot hope to be safe from situations like these until people are punished sufficiently for it to have a deterrent effect.  I agree with above, how a foreclosure or bills due or even severely lusting over a new SCAR w/ ACOG & RMR etc. causes people to do financial bamboozling aka crimes... but whatever, I am sorry but my money is not there for helping you with yours, etc.

And the people who say "It won't even be recognizes cause it's a small amount" etc. are right but of course...  nobody will do anything if no one comes forward.. and then if enough people do something will be done.

I stayed out of this but read the whole thread an hour ago, I could not be help but notice the patterns between it and the classic Nigerian email scam.  Repeated minor problrems, delays, "but I sent the email out!" but then no email, then the email contains nothing, then a kid is sick, then a post office screwed up, then it's out of my hands it's into the processing companies hands, etc.  Whatever, the guy could be the nicest guy in the world, I have no idea,  But I do know it's not going to be the last time if no one does anything about it and therefore no consequences are suffered nor repercussions realized.

And to those all affected, I am very sorry, this could have been me had I had the spare money lying around.

Well, High Exposure was right all along when he said Ryan stole y'all money. I gave Ryan the benefit of the doubt, but it's obvious he stole from you guys... Not only did he steal, it's obvious he did it deliberately and that he never had any intention of purchasing the sights.

I agree, consequences should be paid. I got my refund but he wasted my time, and made my very first high end optic purchase a bust! I even sold my lower end optics because I was waiting on this group buy, so I'm still pissed about that. Still have not brought anything since this all happened. If people want to press charges I'm willing to step foward just say when and where, it's what he deserves and he should be banded from this site for evermore... I hope you guys at least get your refunds...

Hey guys, anyone still looking for an EoTech, check out this offer from Midwest PX, posted in his forum area:

I can honor the pricing from the now-defunct EOTech group buy thread on the two models that were offered, the XPS2-1 and XPS2-2. $450 plus $8 shipping. Mounts and magnifiers are not available. Originally, eight optics were supposed to be delivered. I can make up to 12 available in total. Once 12 units are ordered or interest is gone, the deal ends. This wouldn't be a true group buy in that I will order optics and ship them as people contact me to order. I do not stock EOTechs or optics in general nor do I stand to make a substantial amount of money on this. Truth be told, after transaction fees and time invested, I'll make enough to buy lunch a couple days but I'm not wanting to make big money on this. I'm offering this because this forum has been very good to PX and I'd like to return the favor by making good on what was supposed to be one member helping others out with a good deal on a nice optic. Details:

Models offered: EOTech XPS2-1 or XPS2-2

Units available: 12 (this will be updated as optics are ordered)

Pricing: $450 per optic, $8 shipping (signature will be required on delivery)

Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Discover

How to order: Call me at 815.246.2715 (8-5 CST M-F. If ordered outside of these hours, PM me your phone number and I'll call you)

Delivery: Once the buyer calls in their order, I will order your optic. It takes two to three business days from the time I order it to my having it to send it on to you. Tracking information will be provided when your label is created. Again, signature will be required on delivery. I will only ship optics to the billing address.

If you see an 815 area code pop up on your caller ID, that's me so please pick up and don't send me to VM!

Any questions, please post as I'm sure someone else will be wondering the same.

Hey guys, anyone still looking for an EoTech, check out this offer from Midwest PX, posted in his forum area:

I can honor the pricing from the now-defunct EOTech group buy thread on the two models that were offered, the XPS2-1 and XPS2-2. $450 plus $8 shipping. Mounts and magnifiers are not available. Originally, eight optics were supposed to be delivered. I can make up to 12 available in total. Once 12 units are ordered or interest is gone, the deal ends. This wouldn't be a true group buy in that I will order optics and ship them as people contact me to order. I do not stock EOTechs or optics in general nor do I stand to make a substantial amount of money on this. Truth be told, after transaction fees and time invested, I'll make enough to buy lunch a couple days but I'm not wanting to make big money on this. I'm offering this because this forum has been very good to PX and I'd like to return the favor by making good on what was supposed to be one member helping others out with a good deal on a nice optic. Details:

Models offered: EOTech XPS2-1 or XPS2-2

Units available: 12 (this will be updated as optics are ordered)

Pricing: $450 per optic, $8 shipping (signature will be required on delivery)

Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Discover

How to order: Call me at 815.246.2715 (8-5 CST M-F. If ordered outside of these hours, PM me your phone number and I'll call you)

Delivery: Once the buyer calls in their order, I will order your optic. It takes two to three business days from the time I order it to my having it to send it on to you. Tracking information will be provided when your label is created. Again, signature will be required on delivery. I will only ship optics to the billing address.

If you see an 815 area code pop up on your caller ID, that's me so please pick up and don't send me to VM!

Any questions, please post as I'm sure someone else will be wondering the same.

He also extended it to the EXPS line that was available in the group biy thread. Great way to step up from a great vendor.

Define Resolved...

Only way I was refunded was from my credit card company which I did speak to someone about this issue yesterday-- They informed me the dispute is closed and that I had won

So my refund from my CC co is permanent -- Did Ryan pay for it???   I'll never know

Ryan Chin  aka Bugsy732  is a thief -- plain and simple 

To everyone involved --  DON"T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK --  I just did and it seems I'm the 1st to leave negative feedback