Norseman

Who would you choose to install these sights?

So I bought Ameriglo sights for my M&P 9c. I thought I would try installing them myself but the packaging says DO NOT install them without the special tool that is used because it "pushes" the sights in nicely. If you "tap" the sights into place you could break the sealed tubes and the tritium will leak out and they won't "glow" in the dark any more.

That being said I figured I'd call Andy from Shore Shot since he's got a pretty good reputation. The only problem is I called last Saturday and they said call on Friday - he only works Fridays. So I've waited all week to call there, I call and they say he's not in tonight - call next Friday. I explained that I waited all week to call him tonight and now he's not there and asked if there's any way to get him a message. I was told no. I just have to wait and call next Friday.

Anybody have a better suggestion? Maybe one of you guys is friends with him? Or maybe someone knows another gunsmith in the area they would recommend? (Someone you personally have used)

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how local?   Howell Gun Works can install it for you..  they dont charge much either..  they may take a week or 2, but they charged me $25 to install trijicons on my CZ..  yours may be a bit more (or not)..    you should call there and find out.. im guessing if you were willing to go to Shore Shot, HGW is the same distance from you

@DSD1026 I'm not far for Howell at all. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

@Smoke Eater that sounds stressful to me (though to some guys that might be easy peasy lol) but if I don't get a gunsmith that has the tools to do it I'll give it a try.

Thanks guys!

I have done the sights on a couple M&P's. It's not difficult at all, whether you use a sight pusher or the punch method. Just be aware that the striker block, spring and cover plate are under the rear sight. It's easy to lose the cover plate or spring if you are not ready for it. As a matter of fact, you could get the Apex striker block before doing the rear sight and swap them out while you have it apart. It just smooths out the trigger a bit.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid20.html

If you can't do it yourself, +1 for Howell Gun Works. Talk to Tom. He is usually there later in the week. Let him know Chris from Backwoods sent ya.

Thanks Chris ...I'm calling there Thursday. I called on Saturday and was told to call back then.

I have done the sights on a couple M&P's. It's not difficult at all, whether you use a sight pusher or the punch method. Just be aware that the striker block, spring and cover plate are under the rear sight. It's easy to lose the cover plate or spring if you are not ready for it. As a matter of fact, you could get the Apex striker block before doing the rear sight and swap them out while you have it apart. It just smooths out the trigger a bit.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid20.html

Others have suggested it, too, so I might just do that.

Thanks guys!