Sign in to follow this  
Barms

Ryonbi 2000 generator 40% less than Honda eu2000

This one right?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2200-Watt-Digital-Inverter-Generator-RYI2200/203617901#

I own one but it's still in the box so I cannot comment on the reliability.

It gets good reviews . There are some comparison videos on YouTube that compare output and noise. The big issue with them is if you need parts, I don't know where you will find them. This is where Honda and Yamaha will beat it hands down.

Yeah that's it. I saw it last week running. It's as quiet as the honda. But man, wayyyyy cheaper. I didn't think it was possible to get an inverter that cheap.

Did you ever hear the saying "you get what you pay for"? and "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"?

Not saying it isn't worth the money, but......

The Champion inverter generators get good ratings and cost about as much.  They also share a platform with a few other brands so parts should be more available. Also they are stackable and can be chained. 

I don't have one of the inverter ones, I do have one of their standard generators and has been rock solid. A couple I know living mostly off-grid in Hawaii use one of the Champion 2000W Inverter generators and after 2 years of daily use they had to replace the brushes, a $100 bill. 

I'd choose that over the Ryobi myself. 

AT the time I bought it, it was a last minute type of thing. If I did it again, I would probably go champion or used honda just based on parts availability and longer proven feedback. Who knows, the Ryobi might be a winner..but it is still too new to know. I should take mine out of the box and run it, see how it does.

Did you ever hear the saying "you get what you pay for"? and "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"?

Not saying it isn't worth the money, but......

Totally agree. That's why I'm asking the board.

For years I bought Troy-bilt, generac and other throw away brands from big box stores. In the last few years I started buying Honda generators. The quality and reliability of Honda is unreal. They are built to last. They still have Honda generators from the 1960s on e-bay that still run. The only downside is Honda doesn't carry parts for the real old units.  This year Honda is  using Fuel injection on a new EU series Generator. Fuel injection will be a real game changer.  No carburetor to gum up, no choke.