Bully

Building a 10/22 Bench Gun-- Where to Start?

I found glass.

Bushnell 3200 Elite 10x fixed power.  I'll pick it up in the next few days.

Barrel should be here Friday, according to the USPS website.  It'll take a couple of days for me to get the barrel presentable.  As soon as it is, I'll get it mounted and post some pics.  Hoping to get to the range in the next week or so.  Targets will follow. 

I can't believe that I'm this excited for a .22. 

C

I found glass.

Bushnell 3200 Elite 10x fixed power.  I'll pick it up in the next few days.

Barrel should be here Friday, according to the USPS website.  It'll take a couple of days for me to get the barrel presentable.  As soon as it is, I'll get it mounted and post some pics.  Hoping to get to the range in the next week or so.  Targets will follow. 

I can't believe that I'm this excited for a .22. 

C

Are you ready for a shoot off lad?   Shooting the same ammo of course.  I know what you're sitting on...LOL

Over the years I have had more fun with the 22LR than any other caliber.  Shoot all day for peanuts.

Always a crowd pleaser with new shooters and setting up fun "matches" for them.  Makes them converts in no time.

Set up a little gallery with steel, moving targets, paper, etc., add a PACT timer and let the fun begin.  At the end of the day good memories, new friends and shooters, all the time.

Are you ready for a shoot off lad?   Shooting the same ammo of course.  I know what you're sitting on...LOL

Let me get it finished and dialed in. Then, yes. For beer...

@T Bill Yes, the plan is to hopefully let some of my less than enthusiastic friends try it out. Hopefully to convert them to at least being a touch more open minded about the whole thing. And to drink beer for free... From Old School!!! ;)

C

you need to go to rimfirecentral.com all the answers 10/22 are there for however you want to build it.

Myself I used a bell and carleson anschutz style stock and a adams and bennett barrel. at 25 yards indoors, using good ammo I got a 5 shot group that was under 0.18" center to center.

Barrel is here!!!

This one got lost in the mail for a minute.  However she finally arrived and is currently being slathered in some rust removing jelly.  The outside is not pitted or too messed up, but it isn't anything that I would want to put paint over.  The bore is perfect.  I'll get that off and then throw a coat of Krylon on her.  Pics to follow.

C

I am already a member of RFC. Great site and I have learned a bunch.

Post a pic of your gun, Raz-O. I'd love to see it.

C

It's nothing fancy. It also now has a tacsol mag release, which isn't in this picture. 

10_22_side_800jpg.jpg

Done...  for now.

Ruger 10/22 receiver

VQ trigger group

VQ extended mag release

Fajen stock

Un-branded bull barrel

Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x glass

Weaver(I think) rings

Weaver picatinny base

Left to do:

Bed the action

C

post-4086-0-07231100-1400454622_thumb.jpg

Thanks much.

I'd love to get together and shoot.  Maybe bet for lunch.  Handshake bets work for me as well.  I know "Old School" wants to give these things a whirl sometime soon.

C

Thanks much.

I'd love to get together and shoot.  Maybe bet for lunch.  Handshake bets work for me as well.  I know "Old School" wants to give these things a whirl sometime soon.

C

Clinton WMA here we come.  The benches are pretty stable and they're good for 100yds.  Plus it's my practice range. LOL