Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Some Interesting Guns

While I didn't do my full loop, I did stop in at a few PA gun stores this morning. It seems that inventory is recovering, but only one store had anything of much interest to me - that was Surplus City in Feasterville / Trevose.

For wheelgun fans, they had some of the new S&W's (no, not the 9 mm ones). They had a new Model 66 - which is a K-frame .357 Magnum. They seem to have solved the cracking forcing cone issue, by using a two-piece barrel (inner barrel with a cosmetic outer sleeve). This precludes them having to grind a flat on the forcing cone at the 6 o'clock position for crane clearance. The two piece barrel also holds the barrel tube in dynamic tension (ala Dan Wesson) which enhances accuracy.

They also had a Model 69, which uses the same barrel technology. This is a 5-Shot L-frame in .44 Magnum.

For those looking at getting into USPSA with a revolver, they had a Pro series 627. That's an N-frame, 8-shot chambered in .357 Magnum.

For long gun, rimfire fans, they had a Talo distributor special Ruger 10/22 International (full-length stock). These have French walnut stocks by Altamont with a cheek piece and pistol grip. The textured panels on the fore end and the pistol grip are of a basket weave design. This is a very attractive 10/22 for a not bad price ($375). You can view this on Rugers website. SKU # 11104.

That's it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob