FishNHard

Has anyone been questioned on 15/30 Mags

+1 for range 14.  I had 2 or 3 mags checked... granted the guy came up politely asked if they were pinned and asked to see them.  It hit me later he was checking them out for compliance... instead of interest on buying for himself. :facepalm:

In all honesty, who cares if they are over 15rds or not? It's all on you whether you get arrested for them. I'd be pretty annoyed if I ever got questioned about anything of the sort. And no, I have never been questioned.

It seems like quite a few people on here are always so nervous about things that are legal. Just go and shoot and enjoy yourself, within legalities of course.

You could also choose the simple route which no one seems to do and keep your 15/30's at home and buy a bunch of 10rders to use at the range if you are so worried about it.

You could also choose the simple route which no one seems to do and keep your 15/30's at home and buy a bunch of 10rders to use at the range if you are so worried about it.

Or, take the 10 rounders to the range and keep the 30s at home.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

I was asked about them at range-14 but the RO didn't push and was friendly. I didn't think twice about it. Maybe he was being nosy, maybe protecting the range, or maybe he just wanted to make sure I wouldn't get jammed up.

A range may not be legally responsible if you have illegal equipment. I'm sure they'd like to avoid their name in the inevitable news article, though.

I've only been asked by one particular RO at Range 14. He asks every time. He is also really annoying, wants to have conversations while we're trying to shoot, etc. Young guy. Last time I was there they finally put him in the tower and I was relieved. Until I realized he can't tell time. Go down range to put my target in. He calls out 8 minutes left. A minute later there are only 2 minutes left and I'm halfway putting a target into the ground. And don't you dare run back to the table! lol

I don't know about you guys, but I don't know if I'd like to shoot someplace where I'd have my equipment arbitrarily inspected.

Exactly. I wouldnt shoot there if they paid me. Over zealous and they probably interpret their own laws without knowing the law. I ve read the same complaints multiple times. Maybe they should worry about safety and not trying to be the atf or batfe or whatever it is.