Purple Patrick

Project "flying purple people eater"

Lowslow - you inspired me to get a 10/22 and start tarting it up. Have a different Boyd's stock on order, I'll post pictures in this thread once it starts coming together.

awesome man I can't wait to see it. I still haven't gotten a chance to shoot it with the new barrel. here's a throwback my dad's friend asked me to look at Daisy (yes air rifle daisy) legacy 2203 from the 60s- 70s. you push that lever under the barrel to manipulate the bolt Posted Image

this signature exceeds the 15 character count capacity

OK, care to see another point of view?

The first one was built in the 90's. The second one is from this past winter.

06c6d42a-685a-4030-92a2-41c6ec087bf6_zps

Is that the take-down version? Did you have to modify the stock yourself or do they actually offer that?

It's a 10/22 Takedown.  Boyd's offers the stock for it. 

have you noticed any depreciation in accuracy with the takedown version? i really want to get a 10/22 and i really like the takedown but i dont want to run into problems with accuracy or zeroing the rifle every time i take it apart. just trying to figure out if its worth the extra cash or not...

I probably won't be customizing mine too much. I'd really like to find a 60s or 70s model in good condition and leave it at that but everywhere I look its just new ones. So I might as well get the one I really want out of the new models which is a take down.

Well this project was put on hold but it's back again! Took it today to clinton to zero. Hitting.

.5-1 groups at 50 yards and a little under 3" at 100 yards with mini mags. Gun ran great with one ftf. I'm sure it's way more accurate then I am, this is the first time it was shot with the new barrel so I'm sure there's a break in period

Side note. The Clinton range was a wreck people left shit everywhere, I got there at 12 and no one was there but people left about 10 target boards and a ton of junk laying everywhere. I did ny best to clean it all up before a crowd for came at 2.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I went to the clinton range one monday morning this fall --  There where 2 guys there set up 

As I pulled in a couple of guys in a pickup closed the range to clean up -- they worked for fish and game

I was the only one who went downrange to help -- the other 2 shooters just sat and watched

We took our time,  chatted a bit and cleaned up from the weekend mess as the other 2 guys watched

Lazy bastards...

Good looking rifle.

As far as Clinton range goes, I'd love to see F&W monitor the range and penalize those that leave their garbage on the range. Something on the order of a dumping fine + loss of hunting privilege for the year might help keep it clean. I've mentioned to guys to take their boxes/targets down when they were packing-up, and by their reaction, you'd think that I insulted their children.

BTW - I do realize that F&W has more to do than babysit slobs.

I have been using the Clinton wma range for the last 21 years. I have seen it go through quite a few changes. I hate when people leave all sorts of trash and always try and make it cleaner than when I arrived. However I have a problem with the people responsible for cleaning and maintaining the range. The garbage cans at the clay range are rarely emptied, not even once a week. I don't think once a week is to much to expect. Then there is the fact that when one of the little shooting stations fell apart due to idiots shooting them and lack of maintenance they took it all and dumped it in a pile in the brush line half way down the right side of the range. Yes that's right they just dumped it into the woods! That's just bullshit, and its illegal! not just the wood either the plastic roofing material. If anyone remembers the shotgun shoot we had right after hurricane sandy, half the parking lot was covered in spent shells because they were to lazy to empty the garbage before the storm. So NJGF members came to the rescue and WE cleaned all the shells up. I know they have allot to do and are shorthanded but come on that is just laziness.

Great looking shooter building one w/green accents looking at whistle pig barrels

Thanks man. Just took this bad boy out to clinton recently. Now it has a bipod on it and I can't wait to zero it again

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I'm curious how the purple people eater would fare against my black ice pirate robot. Built on a budget.

Pics or it doesn't count. I'm about to drop more on a bipod then any of the individual parts

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count