Sign in to follow this  
Respect2A

OB 3 gun 4/27

Personally I'd say PCC its fine, just know where it hits from zero to 100yards. But still check with Jim.

Also, keep in mind guys this is a bit of a special match.

First, it is harder then USPSA, and safety matters more.

Second, this is a "everyone works" match. We strongly ask that if you want to shoot this match you show up early and help us build it. 3 guns stages can be harder to build (I know mine will be) and we'll need help in the morning putting it all together.

However, it is the most fun with clothes on.

Make sure you have some buckshot and know where it hits.  Come on out and play

It even comes in tactical black or old fudd wood. You know you want one.

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=15

SCJ4510SS_022.jpg

"Old Fudd Wood"  LOL, Vlad I just spit my coffee onto the monitor!!!!!!!

There ya go Alec--put a Dot on the rail and bob that hammer and slick-up that action and STAND BACK, lol!  FEEL the awesomeness of 1/2 oz loads of .410....

You guys are too much!

There are still slots open.

You don't need a sling

You need some Buck and maybe a few slugs, Bringing extra buck if you need it

Your PCC is OK by me, just remember you need to hit at 100 yards and the tragets aren't really large ones. Nor are they really small either.

As for that derisive comment 3-Gun Schmee-Gun, what does one expect from a walking anachronism? (OK, that means the guy shooting the 170 year old design instead of the much more modern 100 year old design!)

See you on the range.

To elaborate, if you never shot a 3gun match before, you can expect to enagage targets from muzzle distance to 100yards (at OB at least, because 100 yards is the most we can do). You need a way to carry about 30-45 rounds of pistol, 30-45 rounds of pistol, possibly both at the same time, and a way to carry about 15-30 rounds of shotgun ammo besides what fits in your gun.

You can shove it all in your pockets if you want, it will just slow you down. The first time I've done it, I had pistol mags on my belt, rifle mags in my pockets, and a $15 "bandoleer" belt for shotgun ammo. Not at all ideal, but you'll have fun anyway and then you can decide if you want to buy better gear.

I would like to try this tomorrow, is there still room? I have my 12 gauge pump, 22 scoped rifle and 22 handgun, will that work for the match? I was looking at the reg. form and got stuck as to what cat. I will be shooting? Does anyone know what I should put down? thanks guys!!  :girldance:  :girldance:

Generally we shoot higher cartridges, not .22s. You can talk to Jim and see what he says, you could shoot it for fun as opposed to for score,  but the odds are the steel targets won't be activated by .22s

If nothing else come out and watch and see if it looks interesting enough for the future.