Sign in to follow this  
brucin

Midway backorders

Does anyone have any experience with back orders from Midway? I ordered some ammo in January and have heard nothing since. They are no longer taking orders on either item and list delivery date as unknown but they are still showing up in my orders list. Has anyone had to wait this long for their order to ship?

Does anyone have any experience with back orders from Midway? I ordered some ammo in January and have heard nothing since. They are no longer taking orders on either item and list delivery date as unknown but they are still showing up in my orders list. Has anyone had to wait this long for their order to ship?

Can't say I have, but I've done some business with them.Of the big Interent retailers, I'd prefer Cabela's for ammo.

Did they charge your CC immediately? That's something for which I have zero tolerance... charging the CC immediately upon order entry, only to have one or more items "backordred" for months. And I especially dislike it when they won't say how many are "in stock" or not at order entry time. "Diving" Internet sites are notoriously like that. :mad: I either make them delete the backordered items, or I will cancel the order... for a full refund of the deleted items or the order itself. 

I've got some .22's on back-order from Midway for a few months now.  Initially they listed an expected ship date, but now says "unknown".  At this point, I just want to see how long it's going to take to actually get.  I don't believe that my card was charged yet.

Did they charge your CC immediately? That's something for which I have zero tolerance... charging the CC immediately upon order entry, only to have one or more items "backordred" for months.

Haven't charged me.

At this point I'm not expecting to get my order. I'm just waiting to see how long before it gets cancelled.

I have a few 22's on backorder from Midway, some for more than a year.  They haven't charged my CC yet, and don't until the item ships.  I don't recall having anything cancelled from Midway, unlike other vendors such as Sportsman's Guide.

Every once in a while I get the surprise shipment from Midway (or even Cabelas), the result of a backorder that I forgot about.

I have two backorders from them, one for $200 one for $400, placed the first week of January.  At the time the expected date was "overdue", then it was like first week of February, and now it's unknown, no backorders allowed.

You'd think they'd either tell you or something, $600 is a lot of .22LR, and if they're NOT going to , I'd like to spend that money elsewhere, but I CAN'T buy say a gun or whatever, then suddenly have $600 hit my card unexpectedly.

Yeah I hear ya, and I love MidwayUSA, I would buy from ONLY them if I could (Which you could its just sometimes you get better prices elsewhere ,but GENERALLY, MidwayUSA is *AT LEAST* fair market value, not necessarily the best in the world but in fact they did use to be, all of 2010 and into 2011 they used to have amazing values and sales, but they totally stopped with the uptick of 2012 (First it was because Obama was clearly going to be re-elected, then he Was in fact re-elected, then Newtown....) they first immediately canceled all their promo codes (used to be a MidwayUSA standard operating procedure to get 10% off easy) then they stopped having amazing deals, then they made it so their offer codes don't work on sale prices (It was NOT like that just a few short years ago).

Again I like them very much but, I know I am not rich or anything and some people are big ballers on here but, $600 ain't chump change, if you put in a $600 backorder, at least a status update would be nice.