Sign in to follow this  
seabasstard

Banded Ducks

I have about 30 of them hanging on my call lanyards. I would say one in 50 ducks may have one, in my waterfowl hunting experience. I record the tag numbers/location of harvest and submit them. They let us keep the bands. Most guys commonly hang them on their call lanyards upon harvest.

dy4etadu.jpg5a7a8abu.jpgbu4ezuqe.jpg

Bandit Ducks? I say if they are wearing red sashes and step foot in Tombstone again, shoot them!

Opps, you said Banded Ducks..... My bad! ;) sorry.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Your tax dollars at work... Its part of the new NJFGW hunting/fishing souvenir program, so enjoy!  BTW, if you collect 10 of them, you get a free hot dog and soda at any NJ Turnpike rest stop!

Its actually a federal program, waterfowl is regulated by the federal government. When you hunt any migratory birds (other than crow) you buy a NJ hunting license, a NJ waterfowl stamp, a H.I.P. number, & your Federal Migratory Bird stamp from the post office. The $2 H.I.P. or Harvest Information Program money pays for the survey, and the $15 for the federal stamp pays for research. I'm not sure what NJ does with the $5 they collect for their stamp. But we all can probably imagine where that money goes.:huh: