Boejoula

Best bulk 223/556 deals

Yeah, looking for some decent target rounds to shoot and some better ones for HD. Trying to find some good deals currently out there. Any suggestions on brand(s) and current prices I should be paying? Possibly going to order from Tanners or try my luck with Gander Mountain since they offer free shipping. 

PMC X-TAC 5.56x45 (.223) 62grn XP855 20rd Box

$7.50/box of 20, $398.42 shipped for 1K rounds.  No tax.

For home defense, take a serious look at JSP (Jacketed Soft Point) rounds.  They're relatively expensive, but they're better than ball for overpenetration:

http://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/conclusion.html

I bought a half case of Federal 5.56 brass from Cheyenne last week or so.  $200 for a 500-count box (in packages of 20) or they also had the green canister of 420 rounds on stripper clips at the same price.  So basically exchanging 80 rounds for the can, more or less.

I was a little surprised to see a sale sign on ammo.  When was the last time we saw that, lol.

Not a fabulous deal compared to free shipping deals online, but I was there anyway.

Edit: Target Sports USA has a 1000-round federal case on sale for $350 today.  If anyone wants go half, I'm all ears.