Are they legal? I know I've bought tickets in the past, I've been to ducks unlimited dinners and union sportsmans alliance, NRA banquets and they have had gun raffles.but I've had a couple people saying they aren't. I'm gonna call the njsp today.

I'm gonna call the njsp today.

You are going to call the people that constantly mis-state the law and erroneously apply it? Great idea.

Think it through. Why would it be illegal? Just because you've won a gun doesn't mean that you go home with it at the event. The event has everything transferred through a participating FFL so therefore the law is NOT being broken.

When I "won" a revolver at an NRA banquet, they gave me a slip, took my money and I went to a shop with a pistol permit in hand, FID, matching driver's license and second child. All local, state and federal laws were followed.

Instead of calling NJSP from the drop, why don't you call the event staff and direct questions to them first. Then, if anything seems fishy call the 5-0.

Given your history, I cannot fathom why you would ever consider calling anyone of authority without serious consideration.

C

NJ Law says different. I looked it up once and it said no firearms. Hmmm.

ETA: Not sure if this is it >

13:47-6.20 PROHIBITED PRIZES
a) No licensee shall offer or award any prize consisting of real estate or any interest therein, bonds, shares of stock, securities or evidences of indebtedness, weapons, live animals (except a gift certificate redeemable for live, edible seafood), foreign or domestic coins (except collector pieces or sets that are marketed as such and are clearly not intended for use as legal tender), tobacco products, motor vehicle leases, or any merchandise refundable in any of the foregoing or as money or cash.

It's all in the wording. It's not a raffle it's a fundraiser. You aren't buying a ticket you are making a donation. Went through appropriate channels. The event isn't in nj so nj gets nothing.

Then why were you going to call NJSP as you stated in your OP? If you are doing it outside NJ you need to check the law there. They may not see "fundraiser" and raffle the same way you do.