Sign in to follow this  
Ficus

NJ legal Barrett Rec7

Sure...You must have an impressive background to have the significant time, resources and direct personal experience on each system, in order to make such a sweeping statement...I only own one of the models specified, a PWS, in addition to some others; Noveske and POF, and have shot one of the others specified briefly; LWRC, so I'm not qualified to make that statement...I'll have to defer to your expertise...

Lol...this guy... :popcorn:

Sure...You must have an impressive background to have the significant time, resources and direct personal experience on each system, in order to make such a sweeping statement...I only own one of the models specified, a PWS, in addition to some others; Noveske and POF, and have shot one of the others specified briefly; LWRC, so I'm not qualified to make that statement...I'll have to defer to your expertise...

This isn't a technocracy. I don't need to be an expert to be a good consumer. I was working within the parameters of your metaphor, which, if I understood it correctly, you used to argue that some people simply want nicer things in life, even if those nicer things are only marginally better despite the price disparity. You contrasted the Rec7 as a Corvette against other rifles like LWRC and PWS. I certainly see the increased price, but I don't see the increased performance, even marginally. That was my point.

While you may feel that being ill informed as a consumer is acceptable, others may not. Moreover, when you move beyond the parameters of simply being poorly read on a subject, into the realm of confidently dispensing advice based on conjecture, at the best if times, then a more substantial problem exists. To a trained eye regurgitated drivel is obvious and comically inept. The real concern lies in the disinformation that is passed to those less experienced, who have little choice but to believe the information factual. Group thought by those of similar (lack of) skill levels can lead to further reinforcement of incorrect information.

Lol. Easy fix. Lets do a field test. Meet up at cj and all use the same anmo. I have a bcm, dd, and noveske. Hopefully we can get a barrett and lwrc. An njfg shootoff would solve this problem.

We can shoot off a sled if you all want.

Lol. Easy fix. Lets do a field test. Meet up at cj and all use the same anmo. I have a bcm, dd, and noveske. Hopefully we can get a barrett and lwrc. An njfg shootoff would solve this problem.

We can shoot off a sled if you all want.

Excellent idea.

My M6 shoots 55gr Winchester crap without issue. Failrly accurate and tight. Much tighter than my Bushmaster hybrids... So can't see yours not. hmmm...

I didnt bring any 62 ammo with me both times. Just 55 gr. Talked to lwrc they said use the 62 or higher. The rifle was also stringing rounds. Ill try it with 62's. If it doesnt work lwrc send it back and if they dont find a problem its 150$ plus ammo. If they do find a problem its free He said it might be a barrell problem Also said it should shoot 2 moa. I was hoping for less than that.

While you may feel that being ill informed as a consumer is acceptable, others may not. Moreover, when you move beyond the parameters of simply being poorly read on a subject, into the realm of confidently dispensing advice based on conjecture, at the best if times, then a more substantial problem exists. To a trained eye regurgitated drivel is obvious and comically inept. The real concern lies in the disinformation that is passed to those less experienced, who have little choice but to believe the information factual. Group thought by those of similar (lack of) skill levels can lead to further reinforcement of incorrect information.

You still haven't provided a reason as to why the Barrett is a Corvette and the competition merely Camaros. I see lots of words and little substance. From the beginning I've been asking for you to back up your metaphor and the closest you've come is admitting you have just as little experience as me.

Btw. Still fussing with the accuracy on my new 14.7 lwrc. It sucks. I i know it aint me. I gotta have a little talk with them this week. 2400$ and i was going to use this to start doing three gun. Well that aint gonna happen till i get it figured out. Wtf.

send it back if the accuracy is bad as it shouldn't be.  My two are moa

When i ordered it It was to have a 14.7 barrell. It came in with a 16". So they sent it back and instead of switching rifles. They switched barrels. Maybe something got screwed up there. I couldnt see what. But maybe. Now if you want to talk accuracy in piston drives. My colt piston will put the rest to shame at 100 or up to 300.

Too far away from sjsc to make it tomorrow. Lets find a date everyone can agree on and do it proper. I know myself, blk sheep, and rutgers are all cj members. If you dont want to make the hike up we will still have colt, bcm, dd, noveske, and lwrc comps. Hopefully we can find a barrett between now and test day.

When i ordered it It was to have a 14.7 barrell. It came in with a 16". So they sent it back and instead of switching rifles. They switched barrels. Maybe something got screwed up there. I couldnt see what. But maybe. Now if you want to talk accuracy in piston drives. My colt piston will put the rest to shame at 100 or up to 300.

send it back if the accuracy is bad as it shouldn't be.  My two are moa

I have to agree my spr shoots anything I put in it. And if I do my part it's moa. You need to speak to Rodney at ldub they are good folks, they will make it right.

Spoke to rodney and got the info on sending it back. Could you pm me and really tell me how it shoots. Mine is a mess. I cant see why i should have to find the perfect ammo 62-77 gr to get tight groups ie. less than 2 moa at 50 yds it seems screwed up. I did a side by side comparison shoot. Colt 6920 iron sights and lwrc the same. Colt about 1 moa lwrc 2.5". Sand bag with iron sights. Cold barrel both rifles 62 gr. Fill me in. Im stressed over this one. Too much hype and too much money to spend on this. This should be a combat rifle that should shoot it all. Not a finicky 600 yrd shooter. Especially at 50 yards.

Well I guess you don't agree... but its a top quality, decked out piston AR that is American made by one of if not the biggest and best name of American rifles, not too many ppl can say they have a Barrett.

I doubt you can find many ARs in a gun shop that aren't American made. It's illegal to import them for civilian sale, just like all "non-sporting" firearms.

Although some guns have major components made outside the US, that's really most common with kit guns (AKs/CETMEs/etc.)