Sign in to follow this  
edwill86

opap back in stock at atlanticfirearms

Atlantic has a few opap m70 in stock. Predictably the prices have gone up. Its only 100 less then the saiga BAK 762 I just got from them. I love the opap wood but I'm not sure if i personally would buy at that price.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/zastava-ak-47-m70-pap-7-62x39-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

Are both the current gen O-PAP and N-PAP models NJ compliant out of the box besides the 30 rd mag?

I don't see a bayo lug... Assuming the brake isn't permanently pinned..?

From my research when I was going to get one they just need they brake pinned and welded. No bayonet lug on them.

Monmoutharms did my saiga brake for $30.

The C-39's are nice. I don't like that they don't have the accessory rail but I do like the milled receiver and the furniture. I just gifted mine to my brother who came home. I am going to get another if that says anything.

What's the big deal about a milled receiver? Just curious.

Probably depends on who you ask...  A quick search reveals one person may say milled is stronger than stamped and better as far as stability goes for the target shooter. Someone else may tell you the stamped is better because it flexes and is not susceptible to cracking like the milled *could* be. The milled can’t flex like the stamped.  So if  you are a serious bench shooter the milled may be the way to go because it *could* be a tad more accurate but if you just like sending rounds down range to break clays @ 100 yards the stamped will do it for you.  In other words just another great debate, LOL.

If you think about how each receiver is made, milling is definitely cooler, but that's just my opinion. Stamping a sheet of metal is just dandy but milling a solid block of steel is awesome.

Me personally, I enjoy both. If you can afford it, get a couple of each. I love milled and I love stamped.

I will say though that if you were only to get one, I would say get a stamped receiver because they all use the same buttstocks and there are more stamped Ak's being made than milled. Milled receiver tangs are different and require a different buttstock.

Seriously? Get both!

Functionally, the stamped is better since its cheaper and they both perform the same.  You won't get any noticeable accuracy increase with milled.  In theory, sure...

So why get milled?

Its sexy.  I also find it easier to clean since there's no folds/rivets or anything like that on the inside but I wouldn't let that drive your choice.  If you want a more historical based rifle that's different, with classic lines...