Sign in to follow this  
RobertJames

Big Box from MPX Followed Me Home Today

I've had my eye on the billet lower from Midwest PX for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger.  Also ordered some accessories to go along with it.

Luth AR MBA 1 Skeleton stock

BCM pistol grip

MPX LPK

MPX rifle buffer assembly

The products arrived in just a few days and were well packed.  Would definitely order from them again.  Waiting on a few more items to arrive to begin the build, hopefully this weekend.  Stay tuned, pics to follow.

Good luck with the build. what are you doing for an upper

I've got this waiting for a muzzle brake at a local shop.  It looks nice, can't wait to see how it does.  I also have a nickel boron bcg to go in it, also from PSA.  Last but not least, I'm waiting for a Geissele SSA-E trigger to be delivered.

I had a few spare parts lying about, and Anderson lowers were $50.00.  So here is another rifle I built.  It's the built up lower pictured above.  The only thing I might want to do is a drop in quad rail, and if I can find a deal on an Eotech or Aimpoint and see what the fuss is about.  I built this to see how inexpensively I could make it so I don't want to go crazy.

DSC_0479_zps42101940.jpg

DSC_0478_zpsd8b764f0.jpg

DSC_0477_zps7b74b37a.jpg

DSC_0476_zps55af9f7f.jpg

DSC_0475_zps744aa2c8.jpg

DSC_0474_zpsd824adba.jpg

DSC_0473_zps28d9011a.jpg

Okay, I'm a dumb ass.  I went to the range today, and the rifle was having issues stripping the first round.  Played with it for a bit, finally got it to feed, but not especially reliably.  At some point I noticed the bolt was catching on the body of the BCG rather than on the face.  I figured the buffer must be too long.  Later on I remembered that I used the screw that came with the spacer to make the buffer tube longer.  I found the proper screw that came with the stock, installed that, and now the bolt catch locks on the bolt face.  Just need to get back to the range and test it out again. 

I got back to the range this afternoon to test the rifle with the correct stock retention screw.  I'm happy to report that the rifle cycles properly now.  While there i sighted in the Nikon P223 that went on it this morning.  

Also, the fellow next to me had an Aimpoint and let me look through it.  I see now why everyone likes it so much.

I just noticed that this thread got bumped.  Just an update on the build, I wasn't at all impressed with the accuracy of the rifle with the barrel from Palmetto.  I got the last stainless heavy fluted 18" barrel from Midwest and installed it on the upper, along with a Rock River brake.  I've only had it out once so far to zero the scope, but so far looks much better.From 6 inches or more at 100 yards to probably more like 2 inches.  When i find the right ammo, take my time and concentrate, it should be even better.  One other issue, it may be over gassed.  When I was shooting to zero the scope, a lot of the brass was landing in front of me, rather than to the side or behind me like usual.  It's got a rifle buffer, I might have to place an order with Heavybuffer.com.  

One last thing, I added a Nikon 4-12x P223 scope in place of the Chinese gun show special.