Jfoster99

National Right to Carry

It will never happen here because even you do not believe in your dream. But blaming someone else about it is so convenient

If by "you" you are referring to me , I would have to say thats a pretty big assumption ,considering you don't know me.

But hey "you" can assume you do know me because it's convenient . I have voted and i continue to vote, I have written letters , made calls and signed countless petitions.

Exactly what else should I be doing? I'm a bit perplexed at this point.

"My dream" is to get out of this God forsaken state. Highest taxes,highest insurance rates,highest number of hazmat super fund sites, highest rate of cancer, one of the most densely

populated states if not the first and last but not least some of the rudest ,self absorbed ,ignorant pricks for residents. There is no dream left in NJ the politicians destroyed it.

"you" was not personal. In my context "you" is anybody who cannot even dream about change. Apologies for not making it clearer.

Even in our short life times people went through several mind blowing cultural changes that seemed to be impossible just shortly before. And those changes often started with a will of a very small group of people. I see many examples where new laws are introduced as result of actions and will of a single person. Unfortunately those examples are usually have pattern - tragedy, suffering of loss, will to act, action, restrictive law :( In my opinion it is a wrong and losing way of making new laws but it shows that everything is possible.

If by "you" you are referring to me , I would have to say thats a pretty big assumption ,considering you don't know me.

But hey "you" can assume you do know me because it's convenient . I have voted and i continue to vote, I have written letters , made calls and signed countless petitions.

Exactly what else should I be doing? I'm a bit perplexed at this point.

"My dream" is to get out of this God forsaken state. Highest taxes,highest insurance rates,highest number of hazmat super fund sites, highest rate of cancer, one of the most densely

populated states if not the first and last but not least some of the rudest ,self absorbed ,ignorant pricks for residents. There is no dream left in NJ the politicians destroyed it.

It will never happen in New Jersey, I know a person that has a family run jewelry store and has upwards of $100,000 in items on him (car and person) every day when going to or from the store and he was denied a NJ CCW permit several times but has a FPID and P2P yet can't obtain a carry permit in this State.

He has to illegally hide a pistol on him to protect himself and what he is carrying and hope he is never stopped/searched.

If all the law abiding citizens started to conceal carry in nj it would take the police forever to notice. When ia the last time a cop checked you for a weapon? Now if we all open carried then they would probably freak and over crowd the jails with us all. I just open carried most of the weekend in Delaware. Felt great and nobody freaked out and the police didn't shoot me.

In NJ the State would start releaseing more convicted criminals and low lifes to make room for the concealed carry holders, in prisons. That they would put A push on to find.

Do you even know how many non-violent offenders are already in NJ prisons? at least half of NJ's prison population consists of drug offenders that were non-violent.

Free them and put the kiddy fiddlers, armed thugs and violent criminals behind bars.

Now that the Republicans have the majority in congress should I be getting my hopes up we will now be able to get National Right to Carry passed anytime soon.

depends how popular it is. they won't do anything to hurt the chances of a republitard president any more than has already been done.....

What do you think would happen if all the legal gun owners across this nation, let alone this state, suddenly started concealed carrying outside their property?

If they were doing it right, nothing would happen, because it is concealed and no one would know.... I am willing to bet this happenes a lot more than we would like to think!

If they were doing it right, nothing would happen, because it is concealed and no one would know.... I am willing to bet this happenes a lot more than we would like to think!

the problem would arise in a defensive usage. i know it's better to be judged than to be dead..........but if ya land in prison ya still might end up dead......

I know a few people that illegally carry, but they decided the risk of jail is worth it versus ending up dead.

If it's concealed correctly (clothing, holster, etc.) should leave no print if it's a small pistol (ie a Walther PP or PPK)...would anyone notice? Nope, but if you are ever stopped and searched for some reason get ready for one of those Govt. paid vacations.

Another issue would be if someone had to use it for protection, only option would be to dump the gun and if found that only looks worse in court.

I know a few people that illegally carry, but they decided the risk of jail is worth it versus ending up dead.

If it's concealed correctly (clothing, holster, etc.) should leave no print if it's a small pistol (ie a Walther PP or PPK)...would anyone notice? Nope, but if you are ever stopped and searched for some reason get ready for one of those Govt. paid vacations.

Another issue would be if someone had to use it for protection, only option would be to dump the gun and if found that only looks worse in court.

Or is the exact thing that PRNJ needs to happen:

-subject carries illegally because PRNJ does not issue CCW

-subject lives near or works in one of PRNJ's fantastic communities (pick ANY Newark/Camden/JC Etc)

-Subject gets jumped on by 4-6 idiots playing the knock out game but keep going with the attack

-pulls weapon, uses defensively and what would be 100% legal in 90% of all other states and the man lives.

That is an instant nationwide case.  Everyone knows that NJ is the armpit of the country.  Even the NRA has given up on us.  We need something bigger than just an in state complain fest to get it on a national scale on what the oppression of our rights has caused. 

OK any volunteers.... lol

Or is the exact thing that PRNJ needs to happen:

-subject carries illegally because PRNJ does not issue CCW

-subject lives near or works in one of PRNJ's fantastic communities (pick ANY Newark/Camden/JC Etc)

-Subject gets jumped on by 4-6 idiots playing the knock out game but keep going with the attack

-pulls weapon, uses defensively and what would be 100% legal in 90% of all other states and the man lives.

That is an instant nationwide case.  Everyone knows that NJ is the armpit of the country.  Even the NRA has given up on us.  We need something bigger than just an in state complain fest to get it on a national scale on what the oppression of our rights has caused. 

OK any volunteers.... lol

That one fits me pretty well, I live in Atlantic county but travel for work from time to time in Camden/Newark/Jersey City and would rather sit in a cell to protect my life versus ending up in a box.

Sure, I carry pepper spray (NJ legal size) and a knife (for my trade, electronics/wiring) daily but if I'm carrying a large amount of cash, equipment, etc. I *might* have a piece of hardware in my truck ;)

We need a national CCW law passed, everyone should have the right to carry a firearm. Cops are great but 99% chance when someone robs/stabs/shoots you a cop will not be in the area or able to respond fast enough...

That one fits me pretty well, I live in Atlantic county but travel for work from time to time in Camden/Newark/Jersey City and would rather sit in a cell to protect my life versus ending up in a box.

Sure, I carry pepper spray (NJ legal size) and a knife (for my trade, electronics/wiring) daily but if I'm carrying a large amount of cash, equipment, etc. I *might* have a piece of hardware in my truck ;)

We need a national CCW law passed, everyone should have the right to carry a firearm. Cops are great but 99% chance when someone robs/stabs/shoots you a cop will not be in the area or able to respond fast enough...

I would be careful what I insinuate on a public forum buddy ;) but I hear you.  For many people the risk of being caught is better than the risk of being dead.  I honestly thought the short hills mall incident would have pushed more for CCW but it didnt.  They didn't start putting "caution: contents HOT" on coffee cups until someone got hurt... unfortunately thats how things work, something terrible has to happen in order for change towards common sense is made.  Stay safe out there man

I would be careful what I insinuate on a public forum buddy ;) but I hear you.  For many people the risk of being caught is better than the risk of being dead.  I honestly thought the short hills mall incident would have pushed more for CCW but it didnt.  They didn't start putting "caution: contents HOT" on coffee cups until someone got hurt... unfortunately thats how things work, something terrible has to happen in order for change towards common sense is made.  Stay safe out there man

Again, the risk of being caught is a small price to see the sun rise the next day. With the knife I carry (which is legal, due to my trade) I'm confident I could stop or slow down an attack on me.

You can have a baseball bat, axe handle, tire iron, 3 foot section of steel pipe, etc. all are not considered weapons in NJ but those items can do serious damage if needed to protect life/property.

Until you use them for something other than their intended purpose.

Sure, but the point is...

LE cannot arrest you for a steel pipe, bat, axe handle, tire iron, etc. if found inside a vehicle.

Any half-decent attorney could paint a good picture in court and get the charges dropped.

Sure, but the point is...

LE cannot arrest you for a steel pipe, bat, axe handle, tire iron, etc. if found inside a vehicle.

Any half-decent attorney could paint a good picture in court and get the charges dropped.

You CAN be arrested and it happens frequently, but conviction is not likely.

Not for having that in your vehicle, no NJ statue prevents you from having axe handles, tire iron, steel pipe, or baseball bats in a car.

If there are circumstances leading the officer to believe that that item will be used as a weapon YOU WILL BE ARRESTED under NJS 2C:39-4d.

Any person who has in his possession any weapon, except a firearm, with a purpose to use it unlawfully against the person or property of another is guilty of a crime of the third degree.

If there are circumstances leading the officer to believe that that item will be used as a weapon YOU WILL BE ARRESTED under NJS 2C:39-4d.

A tire iron in case I break down, a baseball bat as I enjoy the sport, a hunk of pipe to fix my plumbing at home, a axe handle since the head came off in the woods.

See where this is going?

I don't know about you, but if someone comes at me with a knife and I beat them with one of the above items that I just happened to have in my WORK TRUCK any decent attorney could have the weapons charge dropped.

So no, you WILL NOT be arrested for having these items in a car/truck the cops would need to PROVE you had INTENT to use them as a WEAPON.