msg73

Any good places to fish in/near Bergen county?

Ramapo reservation in mahwah. On 202 south of ramapo college. Great for kids and dog friendly too! Theres a river and two large lakes, although you need to climb a mountain (a paved trail really) to get to the top lake.

I see trout pulled out of there all the time while hiking.

There is actually another lake past the 'top lake'. If you keep going up the hill there is Bear Swamp Lake.

White's Pond in Waldwick by Veterans Park is occasionally stocked with trout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used to live a 5 minute walk to there when I was akid and was there many many times before it was the sterile man made and managed pond it is now. and another 5 mins on the other side of the park is the Waldwick pistol range where I started my shooting as a kid in one of the 22 clubs. Used to be an outdoor range then.

I see trout pulled out of there all the time while hiking.

There is actually another lake past the 'top lake'. If you keep going up the hill there is Bear Swamp Lake.

Is this from the river/stream, bottom lake or top lake?  I've been there with the kids hiking but never seen anyone catch anything.

I used to live a 5 minute walk to there when I was akid and was there many many times before it was the sterile man made and managed pond it is now. and another 5 mins on the other side of the park is the Waldwick pistol range where I started my shooting as a kid in one of the 22 clubs. Used to be an outdoor range then.

Waldwick range is still there but indoors and has a active junior program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

201 family magazine has a list in their june/july issues which mentions some listed as well as:

Indian lake in little ferry

Ramapo lake in oakland

Mill pond in park ridge

Darlington park pond in ramsey (I thought it was in mahwah)

Overpeck creek in teaneck