OfcrFek

AR15 Emergency Reload Joke Video

EDIT: Watching it again, something is bothering me. 0:20, it's a f*cking magazine, not a clip. lol.

A recent edition of American Rifleman magazine fielded a question about the clip/magazine issue. 

http://www.americanrifleman.org/blogs/clips-vs-magazines

They totally farked up the entire thing by reaching back into the 1500's (yes, the century!), to provide nomenclature history, as if any weapons system built prior to the advent of cartridges (rounds) would in any way clear up the debate. 

In the case of an AR platform (as in the video), it's round/clip/magazine.

The round comes attached to the clip.

The clip gets inserted into the magazine.

The magazine gets inserted into the rifle.

There is nothing "interchangeable" when it comes to that platform. And in reality, the clip is not even a required element in that setup.

That said....

If any Marine had asked me to throw him a clip, I would have tossed him this....

F2EWEDMFH9HU9CL.MEDIUM.jpg

....and he would have expected to receive nothing other than that.

So yes, that "clip" nonsense bugged me too. Especially in this case (with this particular weapons system) because the use of the term "clip" is simply wrong. Clip and magazine are NOT interchangeable (despite American Rifleman's blanket claim). 

And as for American Rifleman... that "answer" was a total FAIL and a disservice to it's readers (as far as I'm concerned). 

They had an opportunity to explain different weapons systems and how they are fed, but instead they spent a ridiculous amount of space to reach back into the 1500's, 1600's, etc to compare past use of terms with today's weapons systems. Apples/oranges. 

(btw, I suspect that I'm even more bugged by all of this than the OP is! :p )