illy

Lawmen Supply & Atlantic Tactical answer Fulop's questions.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05/robert-farago/gun-distributors-cave-on-jersey-citys-anti-gun-police-supply-questionnaire/#more-317383

Back in December, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop acquiesced to the demands of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in American and agreed to force companies supplying firearms to their police department to answer an anti-gun questionnaire before awarding their next contract. [Click here for the six questions in question, which include "Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use?" and "Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use?] Some 109 New Jersey mayors signed a letter supporting the move – although not promising to pursue a similar policy. And now wsj.com reports that Fulop’s implementing MDA’s purity test before signing a $500k contract to supply his city’s 800 cops. Only here’s the thing . . .

Middlemen currently handle Jersey City’s firearms and ammo needs. Specifically, Lawmen Supply Company and Atlantic Tactical. While both companies sell “certain models of firearms for civilian use,” the questionnaire doesn’t really apply. Neither company “manufactures” anything, for example. That said, both Lawmen and Atlantic are ready to play ball with Mayor Fullop.

“Ultimately, as long the questions aren’t asking confidential information, I’d certainly share with anybody what our sales practices are because they are ethical and certainly legal,” said Sean Conville, president of Atlantic Tactical.

Chris Ferrari, president of Lawmen, said he would consider opting out of future bids if Jersey City sought to restrict how the company conducted business. “This is definitely a different type of questioning,” he said.

Weasel words, fer sure. The more important consideration: will Jersey City require Lawmen, Atlantic and/or a player or players to be named later to answer the anti-gun questionnaire on behalf of manufacturers, or pass it on to the potential firearms and ammo suppliers? Which was, of course, the point of the whole exercise.And an issue that’s a consumer concern. I don’t think The People of the Gun would look kindly on gun makers and ammo suppliers who let gun control advocates influence the police procurement process. You know; any more than they already do. Watch this space.

The effort is setting up a fight with gun makers and supporters of Second Amendment rights.

“These politicians are politicizing the purchase of firearms for law enforcement, when law enforcement should be able to buy whatever best suits their needs,” said Andrew Arulanandam, managing director of public affairs for the National Rifle Association.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, a leading firearms trade association, is monitoring Jersey City’s efforts and studying legal action. “It’s an issue that could be of industry concern,” said Lawrence Keane, the Connecticut-based gun-rights group’s senior vice president and general counsel.

If their bids are being considered, they must have given the right answers.

Lawmen really only sells to LE and neither manufacture firearms, so that covers most of the questions.

I posted it just as an update. When JC first asked for bids after this change yet got zero responses

By NJ Law, the lowest responsive bid wins. Responsive means that the company was able to respond with a product that matched the specifications in the bid.

Fulop can ask all the questions he wants but all that matters is who came in with the lowest price for the items in the bid. It seems that Fulop was just putting on a show for the anti's.

By NJ Law, the lowest responsive bid wins. Responsive means that the company was able to respond with a product that matched the specifications in the bid.Fulop can ask all the questions he wants but all that matters is who came in with the lowest price for the items in the bid. It seems that Fulop was just putting on a show for the anti's.

They weren't the lowest bidder. They agreed to Fulop's demands whereas Atlantic would still sell to civilians.

"Lawmen's bid was about $10,000 higher than the only other bidder — Atlantic Tactical, of Pennsylvania — but the city said Lawman's bid "best met the needs of the department."

Several years ago I bought a couple of handguns from Lawmen when they had their shop on Rt. 30. I'm not LEO.

Lawmen and AT will sell to non-leo but you will not get a blue label Glock, Springfield or a sig at the leo price without id. That is Glock, Springfield and Sigs policy not the dealer. Lawment and AT have FFLs but they are also authorized LE distributors.

Lawmen and AT will sell to non-leo but you will not get a blue label Glock, Springfield or a sig at the leo price without id. That is Glock, Springfield and Sigs policy not the dealer. Lawment and AT have FFLs but they are also authorized LE distributors.

So they lied on fail flop's form. 

So they lied on fail flop's form. 

The LE Sales and the Public Sales are probably set-up as separate companies.

If I were a taxpayer in JC, I'd want to know what justifies the extra $10K expenditure. I thought they were required to take the lowest bid that met the qualifications.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

This guy Fulop is dangerous,  He is positioning himself for the next gubernatorial race here in NJ and it will be important to stop him.   Since the republican primary in NJ is really worthless since no republican will ever win the seat in our lifetimes thanks to Christie and his corrupt liberal actions we again will be forced to vote for the "lesser of two evils" at the polls.    We will be stuck with voting for the republican/independent challenger to 1. Norcross, 2. Sweeny, or 3. Fulop, so we will have to decide who the lesser of the evils are and vote in the democratic primary for that person as the challenger to the "republican" if there are really any in NJ anyway.  If ALL gun owners switched their party affiliation to undeclared now, We can decide if it would be worth it to vote in either the republican or democratic primary,  Maybe some of you know what I'm trying to explain, It is a strategy that the Dems have used quite successfully in the past to "choose" the republican candidates in many states knowing they would be easier to beat.

Was reading a different article about this last nignt. In addition to spending an extra $10k unnecessarily the article talked about the additional paperwork that Jersey City required when applying for a FID or permits. The courts told Jersey City to cease using the additional paperwork. Fulop said he is going to challenge the court's ruling b/c he feels the additional paperwork is necesarry & that Jersey Ciry would be appealing the court's decision.

Last 2 sentences:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/09/jersey_city_awarding_contract_for_weapons_ammo_under_controversial_new_rules.html

Was reading a different article about this last nignt. In addition to spending an extra $10k unnecessarily the article talked about the additional paperwork that Jersey City required when applying for a FID or permits. The courts told Jersey City to cease using the additional paperwork. Fulop said he is going to challenge the court's ruling b/c he feels the additional paperwork is necesarry & that Jersey Ciry would be appealing the court's decision.

Last 2 sentences:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/09/jersey_city_awarding_contract_for_weapons_ammo_under_controversial_new_rules.html

Can't wait for Full-Flop to lose again in court. I know plenty of friends in Jersey City who won't apply for a FID because of its intrusive and illegal paperwork.

I dealt with Lawman Supply a few times when they were located on route 30. They were definitely anti civilian. I even ran into an ex-salesman who now works at another gun store. He assured me that it was not my imagination. 

Yeah every (recent) experience I have heard about them has been that if you don't have a badge you aren't worthy of giving them your money. Their loss!

Lawmen Supply definitely doesn't sell firearms to non-LE any longer. It's a corporate policy at all of their locations. They still sell accessories to the public but any firearm sale is LE only.

I believe its First Responders.. So Fire and EMS as well

Then he wins. Thats the plan

Understood and agreed 100%.

I told them to apply and look to wait up to a year. But apparently they don't want their employer to know they are applying for a NJ FID.P2P - which Jersey CIty requires.