Sign in to follow this  
Underdog

Ruger Mark Series

The Ruger Standard and then the Marks and the 22/45s are all classic American firearms.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (just as with the Buckmark). Some people like their looks and some don't.  Some do not like the Mark's grip angle.  Some prefer blued to stainless.  Some like the thin,light tapered pencil barrel and others like the fluted bull barrels.  And some like different length barrels.  And, these pistols all have a fun-loving break down and cleaning notoriety.  For those of you that have a fondness for them, what is or are your favorite configurations for this classic Ruger and why?  Also, what is your favorite holster...

I like the stainless Ruger Mark III Hunter TALO distributor exclusive with the 5.5" bull barrel and the v-notch rear sight changed to the standard sight.  I like 5.5" barrels.  I also like the Mark III Ruger 22/45 Lite with the 4.4" fluted barrel in black.  And, if I lived in a different state, I would certainly consider a threaded barrel version of the Ruger.  Lastly, am fond of the TALO Mark III 22/45, blued, with the 4" tapered barrel.  I am also fond of just about any Mark II in a similar configuration.  In all cases, I prefer the look of the blued finish, but prefer to own for practicality the stainless whenever possible. 

I like the Black Max holsters, and I would love to get a leather Lahti holster that mags could be stored in as well.

So, what are your thoughts on Rugers?  I was considering setting up a poll, but would prefer anecdotes. What updates have you made?

I really enjoy Ruger .22s.  Out of the box they kind of suck, but with a few relatively cheap and easy to install mods they run great.  I don't like the feel of the MK II/III grip and much prefer the feel of the 22/45 with removable grip panels.

My first 22/45 is set up for steel challenge and runs great for that.  I recently picked up a second one, a 22/45 Hunter with a 6.88" barrel.  I wanted a second one with a longer barrel for when I feel like doing more precision shooting and like the look of the stainless fluted barrel; I don't have any decent pictures of this one yet.

I don't have a holster for them; don't really see a need for what I'm using them for.

Ruger1_zps3dfde509.jpg

I have a MKIII  target Talo Edition with aluminum grips... I love it. I used to just waste .22's at the range with it until the price became to high.

I love them all, but i find some of them more appealing then others... not a fan of SS or blued... i like the black finish. and i like the bull barrels non-fluted.