So I just got these 2 Demascus Cleavers from Tech Ops. These are really beautiful pieces of art from a Tennessee knife maker (didn't catch the name). They are by far the sharpest pieces of steel that I own. He still has a couple left for anyone that's interested. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are beautiful handcrafted pieces and while $250.00 may seem a lot, consider that a basic stamped steel Japanese Global cleaver retails for $200.00.

I beat my cleavers up hammering through bones and such so a pretty Damascus would be nothing more than a display item and all my knives have to work for a living.

No debate....Even if I could afford it, I find it impractical to purchase a knife or gun just to display it.

I'm sure others will point out that Damascus steel blades are used every day in kitchens all over the world but a cleaver by it's very nature is designed to take massive abuses in it's lifespan. Abuse I'm not sure anyone owning such a beautiful hand crafted blade would abide.

What's funny about that, is me and buddy were debating seeing how well we could throw them. I didn't give birth to them, and I'm not particularly known for handling with care either. I was cutting up pig with one of them the same night that I got them.

What's funny about that, is me and buddy were debating seeing how well we could throw them. I didn't give birth to them, and I'm not particularly known for handling with care either. I was cutting up pig with one of them the same night that I got them.

Excellent.....and I'm sure it will be used properly in your hands after all you didn't pay retail for them, also I do hope the gentleman included care,and storage instructions for a high carbon blade along with then.