Sign in to follow this  
Lalo

Finally picked up a Saiga 12

So ever since I picked up and shot a Saiga 12 a few years back, I've wanted one... bad. Not sure exactly what it was about it that intrigued so much more than other semi-auto shotguns I've shot but it got me hooked, maybe it's the whole mag-fed shotty deal, who knows. Finally Atlantic Firearms picked them up for an OK price and I decided to pull the trigger and get it. Got it from my FFL, took it home, cleaned it and brought it to the range a few days later. Man, I love this rifle! It shot slugs and buck on position 1 without issue and shot Remingotn, Federal and Herters bird shot on position 2 without one hiccup... 0 failures. I think from now on, this rifle is coming with me every time I hit the range or go bust some clays. Picked up 2x SGM 5 round mags, a Tromix extended bolt on charging handle and have a Poly-choke 2 on its way. Can't wait to move to a free state so I can convert this thing...

Anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations on what else might need to be done to this shotty? So far it's fired reliably with the ammo I mentioned above but haven't tried other low brass, low velocity rounds yet.

On to the pics...

88d1d34f14d682e9a7f5b38c451db189_zpsc8b8

c7033a2dde767c6c37b85c62fecab29a_zps0890

1dcfcdd79ee51aa3b25a06c4bf74c008_zps2c9a

I have one and love it, I have a poly choke 2 also, just run it a lot to wear the contact points. check the gas ports to make sure they are clear. Mine runs everything with no hiccups so far. I had ordered the reliabilty kit but did not need to install it, was kinda of a waste of $. If you really wanna go upgrade you can get Cobrascustoms to polish the bolt, carrier, trigger group etc... and it will run super smooth and be flawless. I am sending my parts out for the works when I get a few dollars for my birthday coming up.

Here is good extra mags, just need a few rubs with super fine sandpaper on one small spot ( the little bump on the back) then they fit just like factory. Its literally just a few rubs, they give up instructions.

http://www.keepshooting.com/saiga-12-gauge-5rd-magazine.html

Here is good extra mags, just need a few rubs with super fine sandpaper on one small spot ( the little bump on the back) then they fit just like factory. Its literally just a few rubs, they give up instructions.

http://www.keepshooting.com/saiga-12-gauge-5rd-magazine.html

Thanks man, I'm going to pick up a few extra mags. For $15ea, how can you go wrong.

Nice dude! Congrats!

Thanks Joe! Now I can stop trying to steal yours when you're not looking... :-)