Sign in to follow this  
Bully

Anyone Hunt Their Rifles? Post Pics of Your Rig!

Pics coming.

The only game I've hunted out of state is deer.

I travel with two rifles both 30-06.

One is a converted 03A3 on a commercial receiver and cheap Fajen stock. 4x scoped. 21" barrel

Second is a H&R Ultra, this was an import built on a commercial FN action with a polygonal bore.  It has Williams Iron sights. 20" barrel

Both rifles shoot the same point of impact with the same hand loads.

The load I won't disclose because it is hot.  150gr Nosler Partition @ close to 3000 fps.

Both rifles shoot 3/4" at 100 yds.

When I'm on the ranch in Tx, I always have one of my AR's with me for hogs, coyotes, and whatnot.

For whitetail season, I have an old Remington 700 in .243. It was my Mom's hunting rifle. Love that little bolt action!

PizzaBob: that is a gorgeous collection. I really like the Ruger 77 in .243, oddly, as it's the least "special" gun in the group. Very, very nice.

Old School: that satin stocked gun is sweet!!! Thanks for posting.

C

PizzaBob: that is a gorgeous collection. I really like the Ruger 77 in .243, oddly, as it's the least "special" gun in the group. Very, very nice.

Old School: that satin stocked gun is sweet!!! Thanks for posting.

Chris - The stock is a cheap Fajen and actually has some sap wood under the rear receiver bridge.  The two groove barrel was pulled and contoured.

Because it's a "bad weather" rifle and there were no synthetic stocks available at the time. The action is bedded in Micro-bed from the tang to the forend to prevent moisture growth. You can get off three shots before the barrel heats up because it's pretty thin.

Both of my Colt 6940's. Almost identical.

Too one has a EGW A2 comp, and a TA31F ACOG. That's my ranch rifle.

The bottom one has a Battlecomp, and a TA01NSN ACOG. Spare rifle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na2skzav0slnj34/Photo%20Jun%2017%2C%2016%2012%2045.jpg

Second pic is my Remington 700 BDL in .243. This was my mom's deer rifle I inherited after she died.

Many whitetail have been taken with that rifle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/matvx17wzyyvllg/Photo%20Jun%2017%2C%2016%2027%2053.jpg

This is me and my Marlin 1895GBL 18" in 45-70 (I am on the right. Smokin 50 is in the middle). It might be overkill, but it's fun.

B0613599-E5DC-446C-B46D-82D4781F865F_zps

Sorry about the lack of details. This was a hog hunt near Harrisburg PA. Mosin Rob puts them together once in a while.