MandM

H&K VP9 - Striker fired HK Product Sheets

that looks like an HK/PPQ cross breed..  

nice gun, other than the paddle mag release (awkward to me)..  wonder how much of an upgrade it actually is from the PPQ

sounds like the trigger is supposed to be better than the PPQ, which is known for its trigger

The paddle release rocks and takes P30 mags.

I would really like to feel the enhance light trigger on this one.

The sights are still the crappy luminescent ones.

Nice high grip saddle.

Gonna give other manufacturers a run for their money I bet

I'll stick with my P7 PSPs

While the P7 is an awesome platform, this guin sounds good. I for one am interested and I have left all striker fired guns behind for now.

The changeable side panels, the mag release, p30 mag compatibility and sexy looks make this a definitely must check out. That being said, the P7 is one of the best striker fired guns every made.

The P7s weight and mag capacities are two legitimate complaints, but don't bother me a bit. The P7 is a gunfighter's tool, designed to be safe for the user, fast to enable to fire, reliable, and very accurate. It is not meant to be used at the range shooting 10 consecutive mags. Since most gunfights last only between 2 and 3 rounds, 8 rounds is enough to do its job in most confrontations.

The VP9 is definitely on the ugly side, but the looks will likely grow on many considering it. For me, I prefer the squeeze cocking mechanism to the split trigger as a safety device.

How does firing a striker-based pistol differ from firing one with a hammer? I understand the mechanics of how they're different but was curious how that affects the "feel" by the user.

One of the big advantages is that the trigger has the same feel for every round. With a DA/SA trigger you get a heavy first pull and a light second. 

The LEM trigger is a good way to achieve this with HK pistols, but I am very excited for their first modern striker fired design.

Tell me this is not true. It must be a lie, but I read it myself yesterday. Every one of my guns has a hammer. Now HK is going to the dark side too. I was aghast when FNH did it and now HK. Good thing I stocked up on guns with hammers. I tried striker fired guns but never kept any. I like the old guns the best. The Sig P series and HK USP. Just what I am used to and feel most confident with. I pretty much been buying guns at an alarming rate and finally have a nice little collection, of old fashioned guns. :)