Took my oldest daugher to the range for the first time.  She was a little apprehensive and had backed out a time or two previously but this time she did it.  By the time we left she was loading the magazines, slideing the mags in, racking the slide and clearing failure to ejects (ammo problem, not the gun's)

She had a wonderful time.

Big thanks to my friend and forum member Sof who let us borrow his 22 Buckmark.  She now wants a 22 in "sparkly blue".   LOL. 

45051690-c9cd-44b7-b2ca-20165151c066_zps

Awesome!

(Better hope DYFS doesn't see your photo or you will have a tank parked on your lawn and a black helicopter circling some day soon!)

What's sad is there is a little of truth behind that. Look at the thread I started under the 1st Amendment thread about Kid Twirling A Pencil.

DYFS sent father a letter threatening to take away all his parental rights and have his son put into adoption if they didn't take the son for testing. Sounds like a sick joke but in reality it is just sick.

I love it...all 3 of my kids shoot and really look forward to it.  They enjoy the shooting itself and they also enjoy the 1:1 time with Dad.  I can honestly say it is a highlight that they all look forward to.

With 2 daughters who are getting to the maturity where learning to shoot is appropriate for them, does anyone have a .22 rifle surplus to requirements because it is now too small for your kids? FPID and matching DL ready for deployment.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Good job, I need to get a 22 to take my girl shooting.

You don't absolutely need a 22,  my 13 year old daughter is fine with my 686 using 38 or 357 mag. as well as my Mosin and my 243.