Jim Norman

Carbine/Rifle match @ OBRPC June 29th

Are you tired of sitting at a bench and punching holes in paper? Do you like ot shoot 'Action Matches' with your pistol? Have you wanted to do the same thing with your PCR? (That is Politically Correct Rifle) Then this is the match you are looking for. The match will have 6 stages, 5 will close range run and gun type stages, 1 will be on the 100 yard range and require a bit more finesse to shoot. Two divisions; Carbine and Battle Rifle. That is 5.56/.223 or 7.62x51/.308 calibers.
Optics and Irons will be scored together.

Targets are reactive and also paper.

Scoring will be time plus.

Sign up starts at 9am, shooting starts at 10am  $20 match fee for members of OB, $25 for non-members.

We are looking for Stage Designers, Stage Builders, ROs and CROs.

Contact Mike Walsh <[email protected]> for any additional information or to volunteer.

There are a limited number of slots available for this match.

The link to registration is HERE

Thanks for posting about the match, Jim.

If anyone has any questions about the match. PM me here or use my email above

In case any one doesn't know, time plus scoring will be. 2 shot anywhere on the target (1 shot anywhere for 308) or 1 A zone hit.  Misses or failure to shoot at will add time to your score.

One of the stages will have weak hand shooting and possibly urban prone. 

The more build help we get the earlier we can start, the more people keep their squads moving the earlier we finish, the more people help tear down and put away the match the earlier we lock the gate on our way out.

Really that simple. This is a volunteer sport.

I'd love to participate, and would gladly volunteer my help, but I'm severely restricted time-wise due to work and family obligations.

This sounds really cool though, I hope you guys have a great match-have fun!

Vlad G, on 14 Jun 2014 - 9:00 PM, said:

Err based on on your name I'd assume you have some for form of AR.

There, you sealed the deal, now I will buy one two................        :)

PS: I do have plenty of ammo for them, just never bought a semi yet. I bought two little CZ carbines which use 5.56 and 7.62x39 as plinkers. Really nice little guns. Time for a couple of semis.

The 100 yard stage will have steel targets, so please no steel core/ perpetrator bullets on this stage.  If it attracts a magnet, don't use it.

The stages will have time limits. they will be generous but are needed to keep the match moving. 

I still need help with building the stages,  sooner they are built, sooner we can start. 

So. When or where can the next one be held. To start vlad held the safety breifing. 14 new shooters. Wow. Impressive. Then approaching the stages. Truly alot of thought went into the designing of the stages. From 7' to 100 yard steel plate knockdowns. To targets with inlaid clays. Man they sucked. Everyone in my squad had difficulty with them But hey. Thats what makes you better. 6 stages that did not resemble the other. I tried to get there by 8 am but wtf. This is more secretive than a mafia hideout. Three different addresses and no signs. Never being there before. We got there around 9:15. My squad was full of great people. Dennis came from connecticut for the match. Eddy gunz. Ro'd and full of knowledge Problem around was the mags. Ftf was a big one. Even on higher quality blocked magpuls. Same gripe from alot of people. But overall it ran smoothly. For me. I prefer rifle over pistol so if there were more i'd hit them anytime they came around. From the looks of it all spots were filled. I barely got a space to park and had to block two people in The next one y'all got to try it out. I brought a neighboor that just bought an ar off me and we went to the range two times with him and gave him some pointers. He asked me when the next one was. He shot good enough with open sights and cant wait for the next. I was the one with the masonic t shirt from pennington nj were our police force is awesome. God bless and hope to see you again.