Sign in to follow this  
Avalanche

Ask the governor - TONIGHT

Just did this. 

Please fill out the form.  NJ 101.5 is having an ask the governor session tonight.

Let's see if he will answer what he plans on doing with the bill to reduce max capacity of magaines and firearms to 10 from 15.

http://nj1015.com/you-can-ask-the-governor-monday-night/

From the page:

In his May 13 appearance on “Ask The Governor,” Chris Christie again spoke briefly on the Bridgegate scandal, following several hours of testimony given by top aide, Michael Drewniak.

During the show, Christie also addressed Sandy relief and proposed legislation that would reduce the number of rounds a gun magazine can hold from 15 to 10, but was unclear as to whether he supports the bill.

So it looks like they're willing to ask him but hes not willing to answer...

Please call the governor's office if you havent already. 

609-292-6000

From the page:

So it looks like they're willing to ask him but hes not willing to answer...

Please call the governor's office if you havent already. 

609-292-6000

I don't think they had reached his desk at that point. Now that they have, hopefully he will change, but I also think most unlikely. :(

I don't think they had reached his desk at that point. Now that they have, hopefully he will change, but I also think most unlikely. :(

Right now this is the only political currency he has.  Im afraid Sweeney is forcing him to sit on it and let it pass for some other consideration.   

I submitted a question that danced around the issue of the two bills:

"New Jersey has arguably the strictest gun control laws in the nation. You've been quoted as saying that our state already has enough gun laws. Do you still believe that?"

He's not going anywhere near the subject. Legislature takes July 4th vacation and then the answer to your question will be annouced.  This way no matter what way it goes the holiday gets top billing in the news!

He's not going anywhere near the subject. Legislature takes July 4th vacation and then the answer to your question will be annouced.  This way no matter what way it goes the holiday gets top billing in the news!

And, apparently, he has until July 7th to decide. So this may very well be what happens.  We'll see.

Right now this is the only political currency he has.  Im afraid Sweeney is forcing him to sit on it and let it pass for some other consideration.   

What consideration might that be?  Or what "consequences" would he avoid?  Is there any other State political office for which CC could run at this point (i.e. where Sweeney might have influence over the electorate)? US Senator, maybe? If we're talking the Presidency, then I can't believe Sweeney has national influence. CC'd be better off vetoing. 

What consideration might that be?  Or what "consequences" would he avoid?  Is there any other State political office for which CC could run at this point (i.e. where Sweeney might have influence over the electorate)? US Senator, maybe? If we're talking the Presidency, then I can't believe Sweeney has national influence. CC'd be better off vetoing. 

The mess he has himself in now with the budgets and all his blown budget projections, he will need help with.  You are thinking in too broad a time frame. 

Christie still has to run the state, which he hasn't done very well financially.  His mouth and ego also painted himself into a corner with the pension payments he swore up and down he would make, even passing a law himself that "guaranteed" these payments no matter what. 

He wont admit it publically, but he NEEDS Sweeney.

The mess he has himself in now with the budgets and all his blown budget projections, he will need help with.  You are thinking in too broad a time frame. 

Christie still has to run the state, which he hasn't done very well financially.  His mouth and ego also painted himself into a corner with the pension payments he swore up and down he would make, even passing a law himself that "guaranteed" these payments no matter what. 

He wont admit it publically, but he NEEDS Sweeney.

Unless he's running on the DNC ticket, he needs the GOP and the GOP base. Pissing off the RKBA crowd and letting both sides hammer him for both vetoing and signing the same legislation in campaign material strikes me as supremely stupid. 

If he's dealing, it's to keep his ass out of jail, because absent that, playing ball won't work out. Sweeny isn't calling the shots for anyone else's campaigns. 

Absent that, common sense says he vetoes it again, and the 4th of july break makes sense in terms of making the new low proofile and limiting the appeal to opponents hanging around trenton to make a stink immediately. 

You guys are over-thinking this extremely simple situation. Sweeney is a fukcing idiot who holds nothing over Christie. CC either becomes president (500:1 long shot) or he cashes in like every other asshole who leaves major office -- faux book, faux speaking tour, faux consulting, generally cashing in on every political favor he's granted. Just like everybody else.

See Clinton, Hillary R., and Clinton, "Bill" J. Not to be confused with Thomas J., whose shit-stained sandals those two are not worthy to lick.

As a closet liberal and ultimate realist, His Corpulence the Doughnut Eater probably doesn't give a shit at this point. He is well aware of what I typed two paragraphs ago. He already knows that gun laws or no gun laws, he won't last through the second primary. 

That is why I say he will sign the bills. Both of them. There's a lot more $$ to be made in his next 30 years of burger-eating if he goes that way, than if he demonstrates a modicum of conscience.

To paraphrase Jack Nicholson's boss in Chinatown, "C'mon, Jake, it's New Jersey."

Christie will not be the one making the decision to veto or not,  Christie is George Norcross's bitch and doesn't leave his house without consulting with him.  The outcome must further the lefts agenda not Christies.   Christie will  do whatever he is ordered to do,  If they think having Christie in the "republican" primary will benefit their self serving agenda and put Sweeny in the governors seat than they will have him veto it for that purpose alone.      Christie has done more to damage the republican party than Lee H Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan has done to the democrats, We will NEVER see another republican elected as governor in NJ in any of our lifetimes.

Christie will not be the one making the decision to veto or not,  Christie is George Norcross's bitch and doesn't leave his house without consulting with him.  The outcome must further the lefts agenda not Christies.   Christie will  do whatever he is ordered to do,  If they think having Christie in the "republican" primary will benefit their self serving agenda and put Sweeny in the governors seat than they will have him veto it for that purpose alone.      Christie has done more to damage the republican party than Lee H Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan has done to the democrats, We will NEVER see another republican elected as governor in NJ in any of our lifetimes.

Seeing as how Norcross is a democratic power broker, how is Christie who is a republican, Norcoss's bitch?

Never heard that rant before.

I take it Christie didnt adress the capacity bill tonight?  I wasnt able to listen. 

I don't think the Republicans in both houses would have voted pretty much in lock-step against these bills had they no private assurances from the Governor's office that he's with them on this and won't cut them off at the knees by signing the bill or take the coward's way out and let it become law by his inaction.

He's going to get his budget deal done first by July 1 then address this. The only wildcard I foresee is if Cold Cut Sweeney demands a deal that forces a private no veto pledge in exchange for a deal on the budget. But I regard that as unlikely.

The only hope I have for a veto is the potential PR jolt Christie may get if he vetoes.  If he signs or does nothing, it will certainly spell the end of his Presidential aspirations.  If he vetoes, it will be big news and may -- just may -- put him back in the mix as a potential Republican candidate.  He really has nothing to lose politically by vetoing but has potentially a lot to lose by signing.

Seeing as how Norcross is a democratic power broker, how is Christie who is a republican, Norcoss's bitch?

Never heard that rant before.

I take it Christie didnt adress the capacity bill tonight?  I wasnt able to listen. 

This article touches a bit on the Christie/Norcross connection:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/04/14/140414fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all

It's a long read, but worth it.

I don't think this bill has anything to do with Christie.  Sweeney needs something - anything - to separate him from Christie and the pension votes.  I would bet Sweeney doesn't care one way or the other whether this passes or not, he's accomplished what he wanted to do and used the CT parents to do it.  If it passes, Sweeney gets to say he accomplished something.  If it fails, Sweeney gets to stamp his feet and say it was all Christie's fault.  Win/win for Sweeney either way.

As has been mentioned numerous time, Christie is the loser if he signs this.  He has nothing to lose in NJ with a veto as he's not running again, and everything to lose nationally if he signs it.  Like him or not, he's smart enough to know that so my bet is he waits until day 44 and vetoes.