Blake

The need for a good (high lumen) flashlight

Hell, the Klarus ST11 almost got me in trouble. I helicopter saw it from about 5 miles away and thought it was a FARP and I was waving him in... ;)

I can light up my neighbor's entire back yard from my deck with this P3X. I'll take it out to the acreage this weekend play with it some more in an area that has zero light pollution.

Rookie mistake of not having a camera on me (this was a road trip from hell) but I had to unhitch a U-haul in the middle of nowhere around 0100 with zero illumination other than my car's tail lights and stars. Pulled out my P3X and the 15 lumen mode was enough to get the job done with minimal cursing. I walked south to the top of the slope that goes down to the pond (not pictured because it's an old Google Earth shot). In the pic, I was standing at the "X" and at 1K lumens, the P3X light up (approximately) the area in red (scale for reference is in the lower right corner). Loving this flashlight!

wlyy5d.jpg

For years I always had Mag Lights in the car and around the house. But as a few people have already remarked, they make better self defense clubs than lights. Just picked this ThruNite up at Amazon for when things go bump in the night. Good price, very bright light...Time will tell how durable it is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I1WVRBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1880/

I just picked one of these up and I love it.

That used to be my go-to until two of them (purchased at different times) started flickering for no reason. That's when I decided my confidence in Streamlight had been shaken enough that I'd switch to Surefire.

I've got a Surefire 6PX tactical, G2X Pro, and G2X tactical.  The G2X Tactical is on my AR, the 6PX Tactical is my handheld light for my pistol, and the G2X Pro just goes next to my bed.  I have a 3D LED Maglite in my truck, and AA LED Maglite that I carry at work.  I don't have an issue with carrying the Maglite at work, I just need it to read gauges that are far away and in poorly lit areas.  It's also a cheap light that I don't mind losing, already happened once.