Scorpio64

Range Fodder

What's your favorite economy rifle, shotgun or handgun ammo for the range,.  Currently, for the range, I shoot PPU 100gr and 90gr in my Ruger American .243 and am stocking up on 5.56 62gr green tips.  Have not been out to shoot the AR yet.  The .243 PPU ammo can be had for as little as $12/box of 20 and the green tips I'm getting for between 35 and 38 cents per round.

only really have 9mm and 22lr experience thus far (and a bit of 38spl)..  for 9mm, pretty much everything is range fodder (i shoot mainly 115gr since thats whats out there and cheaper)..  Blazer aluminum, Freedom Munitions, Georgia Arms, High Country, Herters, PPU, Fiocchi, etc..  its all cheap(ish)..  in the $12-$14/box range...  havent had an issue with any of it yet..

I shoot the PPU as well as Herters om my Ruger American .243 as well.  For .22 . 45 and .38 Blazer is my economy ammo of choice.  For my Mosin PPU is about the cheapest I have used.  I save the brass and reload all except the .22.

I use a lot of PMC when I can get it for a good price. I'll buy any garbage for my ak. Any brass through my handgun

Why stock up on green tip?

Why green tip?  A) Because it's cheap and will probably shoot best for under 40 cents per round in my 1:8 Wylde barrel, no other reason.   B) It took me about 10 months to buy all the parts to build my AR.  The way I figured is I'll be using way more ammo at the range compared to my bolt gun.  So every time I placed an order for a part, I usually piggyback an ammo purchase whenever the ammo was on sale to keep the cost down.  I'm pinching pennies till they scream.