jds560

Is there an AK platform class in NJ

There are a lot of AR platform classes available. Is there one for the AK platform? A " AK rifle class NJ" search on the net leaves much to be desired. Although I did learn that the Alaska class battlecruisers were built in Camden during WWII :nyam:

The fundamentals of shooting are same. Got to a rifle class, bring your AK, adapt.

^^This

You will likely have no material support if something goes wrong, and you may miss out on some platform specific knowledge but you will still learn something. The other option is to honor of state. I know the LAV does classes in the Allentown area and he has a good working knowledge of the AK platform and unthinkable even teaches some AK specific classes....

Cant go wrong with Tactical Response. I have done several classes with them. The classes in TN are better. The compound is awesome and the foods good lol.

Yeager will never get a dime of my $$ and I will actively seek out folks who want to train with him and try to talk them out if it. He is a charlatan and a coward, not to mention a douchebag, and does the entire tactical training profession a disservice every time he opens his suck. I award him no points and may God have mercy on his soul. I hope he goes bankrupt on his birthday.

Yeager will never get a dime of my $$ and I will actively seek out folks who want to train with him and try to talk them out if it. He is a charlatan and a coward, not to mention a douchebag, and does the entire tactical training profession a disservice every time he opens his suck. I award him no points and may God have mercy on his soul. I hope he goes bankrupt on his birthday.

Charlatan:

Out of all the "celeb" instructors -- Pincus, Ayoob, Yeager, Vickers, et al -- the only one I've never heard saying some dumb sh*t is Clint Smith. 

So as far as that, it's half a dozen of one, 6 of another

Coward:

i watched the full video & read the AAR. He screwed up as driver. That mistake was neither the proximate nor ultimate cause of any of those contractors getting killed. While stupid and bad, it had zero effect on the outcome. All the guys who bought it, had been mortally wounded in the first couple of seconds. Moving that vehicle would have done nothing (except maybe gotten them shot by the coalition guys down the road).

Yeager was the first one from his vehicle laying down return fire, but broke off -and hit the ditch at the median- when the other two guys also exited the vehicle (meaning 3 guys taking cover behind one beemer).  

I don't think it's anything close to fair to call his actions during that ambush. cowardly.

douchebag

If you mean the unwanted attention he brings shooters with his stupid political commentary, then yeah.

But that's got zero to do with his quality as a trainer, which is all I would care about.

Now, maybe he sucks as a trainer and so do the guys he hires. If so, then by all means, warn away.

But if it's just that you don't like him. Well...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Charlatan:

Out of all the "celeb" instructors -- Pincus, Ayoob, Yeager, Vickers, et al -- the only one I've never heard saying some dumb sh*t is Clint Smith. 

So as far as that, it's half a dozen of one, 6 of another

Coward:

i watched the full video & read the AAR. He screwed up as driver. That mistake was neither the proximate nor ultimate cause of any of those contractors getting killed. While stupid and bad, it had zero effect on the outcome. All the guys who bought it, had been mortally wounded in the first couple of seconds. Moving that vehicle would have done nothing (except maybe gotten them shot by the coalition guys down the road).

Yeager was the first one from his vehicle laying down return fire, but broke off -and hit the ditch at the median- when the other two guys also exited the vehicle (meaning 3 guys taking cover behind one beemer).  

I don't think it's anything close to fair to call his actions during that ambush. cowardly.douchebag

If you mean the unwanted attention he brings shooters with his stupid political commentary, then yeah.

But that's got zero to do with his quality as a trainer, which is all I would care about.

Now, maybe he sucks as a trainer and so do the guys he hires. If so, then by all means, warn away.

But if it's just that you don't like him. Well...

my thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me the half hour of hunting and peck typing lol

I don't feel I can second guess what happened that day overseas, but I can tell you this:

He is an idiot for the drivel he spews on his little rants and I don't think he represents the shooting community very well. His bravado and the large chip on his shoulder is more than enough to keep me away from his products.

You don't have to like the teacher to learn. Having taken so many classes across the country I will say it HERE. The classes I have attended in NJ are basic to moderate at best. I do not bad mouth them, Hell I even enjoy them. Tactical Response is more than the owner. He surrounds himself with knowledgeable and tested individuals. The react to contact drills are EXCELLENT! I cant wait for my LUDAS course coming up though I love hand gun manipulation drills, every teacher is different and he is one of the best.