NYMetsFan86

Screwed myself.. Slide release slips out of frame

So i was installing a new connector in my glock and now this happend. Usually I do all my own part installs on all my pistols. this is the first time i've becomE nervous. The slide release comes right out of the assembled pistol (maybe installed backwards). Either way i'm furious at myself, the trigger will not lock back and the slide release has slipped out. Can anyone make some suggestions as to how i can dissasemble this? As I said i'm very concerned and can do without flaming, thanks.

post-6697-0-01891500-1404002644_thumb.jpg

Lock the slide to the rear and remove the slide cover plate and striker.  You'll then be able to get the slide off the frame.  When re-installing the slide lock make sure the notch is facing to the rear.  Also looks like something's wrong with your trigger install with the dead trigger.  Removing the slide lock wouldn't cause the trigger to not engage the striker, so something else is wrong too.  How did the slide lock fall out?  Make sure the slide lock spring isn't broken and is fully in the notch it goes into in the frame.

Get the pistol over to High Exposure.  It's going to take a little "monkey fukin' " around to get the slide off.

He's close by you.  I could/would  do it for you but I'm way up north.

If you're up this way or he can't fit you in, give me a shout.

Bry@n also knows his shit!

You left out a part. Right above the trigger there is a slot that has a little plate that goes up and down. That is what locks the slide from coming off. You should not see daylight thru the side.

This is the only thing that I am aware of because I'm pretty sure I installed that part backwards now it just slips out through the other side once I get the slide off, I can correct this issue as I was able to speak to a Glock armorer on the phone if I can get the slide plate of this evening I'd have a better chance of solving this

The slide lock has a slot that the barrel grabs. Put it in facing rearward. Also, there is a spring below it that keeps it tight against the top to prevent it from falling out.

Nevermind, Russell nailed it.

Lock the slide to the rear and remove the slide cover plate and striker.  You'll then be able to get the slide off the frame.  When re-installing the slide lock make sure the notch is facing to the rear.  Also looks like something's wrong with your trigger install with the dead trigger.  Removing the slide lock wouldn't cause the trigger to not engage the striker, so something else is wrong too.  How did the slide lock fall out?  Make sure the slide lock spring isn't broken and is fully in the notch it goes into in the frame.

I spoke with him last night and recommended the same thing. I believe it was his first time doing this to a glock, so it may be an issue for him to take the backing plate off. 

If High Exposure is closer and can help you out, it may be easier for you to meet with him.

This is the only thing that I am aware of because I'm pretty sure I installed that part backwards now it just slips out through the other side once I get the slide off, I can correct this issue as I was able to speak to a Glock armorer on the phone if I can get the slide plate of this evening I'd have a better chance of solving this

Here's how to remove the slide cover plate in order to get the slide off the frame:  http://www.glockmeister.com/FiringPinReplacement.asp.  Even if you installed the slide lock backwards it shouldn't just slide right out of the frame.  When re-installing it make sure the slide lock spring goes into the notch in the bottom of the slide lock.  You need to hold down the slide lock spring while installing the slide lock.

Take it to a local Glock armorer like HE so he can look it over and make sure everything's installed correctly.  I'd be happy to do it if I were closer to you.

Ok slide plate has been removed and the slide a is free from the frame. I assume its time to watch every HD video I can find on the strip and reassemble. Interestingly enough, with just the frame alone pushing the trigger bar forward. The trigger seems to a work just fine. I can take another video of need be

UPDATE....

Ok done deal seems to function fine. Here was the issue. Make sure your connector does not get bent inward. It was bent and not forcing outward pressure on the trigger bar. Problem solved..I was feeling saucy so I added the extended slide release. Extended mag release, ultimAte trigger stop, 6lb trigger spring and of course the ghost 3.5 connector. Awesome! I am spiked. Thank you guys for all your awesome input!!