Joe P.

SHOTGUN STEEL OBRPC

i would like to shoot my first  shotgun  steel match coming up and had a question about reloading during stages.                    I plan on using my Mossy 500 pump.

Can i / should i.. use a speedloader for this match?  i see the TecLoader ramp and tube and looks compatible.

i don't think i'm ready for strippers or the quad holders, too much fumbling

anyone with experience using them? .. any info on these much appreciated 

CJ is too far; already made that drive twice in the past month.  Looks like I'm going to take this weekend off; planning to make knockdown steel on the 12th.

Now that I've sufficiently hijacked this thread, Joe from what I recall hearing about last year's match there's no reloading under the clock.  I think they do it like steel challenge where you reload between runs, so you won't need any kind of speedloader, but you might want to double check that with someone who's actually been there, or the match director. 

The info on OBRPC's site says:

"This will be a Shotguns only match with five stages of knockdown steel set up with official Steel Challenge Stages.  Each stage will be shot four times for score.  Five shells in the shotgun per run and misses will be a three second penalty.  One stage will have six targets for the one shell reload after firing the 5 rounds. Total round count will be 104 of 7 ½ or 8 shot.  Classes will be shotgun pump and shotgun open (everything not pump).  Additional details before the squads are called at the match."

The regular monthly 2nd Saturday knockdown steel match does have reloading under the clock, but I think the one this coming Sunday is different.

CJ is too far; already made that drive twice in the past month. Looks like I'm going to take this weekend off; planning to make knockdown steel on the 12th.

Now that I've sufficiently hijacked this thread, Joe from what I recall hearing about last year's match there's no reloading under the clock. I think they do it like steel challenge where you reload between runs, so you won't need any kind of speedloader, but you might want to double check that with someone who's actually been there, or the match director.

The info on OBRPC's site says:

"This will be a Shotguns only match with five stages of knockdown steel set up with official Steel Challenge Stages. Each stage will be shot four times for score. Five shells in the shotgun per run and misses will be a three second penalty. One stage will have six targets for the one shell reload after firing the 5 rounds. Total round count will be 104 of 7 ½ or 8 shot. Classes will be shotgun pump and shotgun open (everything not pump). Additional details before the squads are called at the match."

The regular monthly 2nd Saturday knockdown steel match does have reloading under the clock, but I think the one this coming Sunday is different.

Stupid question, this knockdown shotgun match is open to anyone right, not just OBRPC members? Maybe I'll make it out there. What's the entrance fee?

It is open to anyone --  Entrance fee should be $20 for non OBRPC members

No indoor action this Friday. None of us are able to make it.

I see it was just recently cancelled on the calendar --  Being 4th of July I Could have made it down there at a reasonable time -- Now I have to go drink at a picnic instead...