Avalanche

nj.com poll - Should the gov have met with the Sandy parents.

Done, although it does seem to be a bit of a closer margin than the other polls.

I hate to say it but I'm really sick of them people. I feel bad for them and all but they dont realize that they are going to cause more deaths than they are trying to prevent.

We are a country of 50 states....Christie was put in a no win situation....those people that came to seek him out were from another state, proximity does not justify them coming here. Would they travel to Montana to influence their gun laws? Meeting with them would have just created a different media sound bite that would have been just as harsh. Grief is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to the loss of a child. I may not agree with them, but I don't fault them for trying.

Grief is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to the loss of a child.

So is "guilt." And I think their efforts were more along those lines... as are very many "progressive" causes and tactics... After all, it's "for the children" (or the mistreated animals, etc. etc.)... I'm not saying we should not be generous/charitable or condone any abuse/mistreatment of any living thing. I'm just saying, we shouldn't be "guilt tripped" into anything nor permit ourselves to be ridiculed by the progressives for not giving in to the guilt trip. And we certainly should not compromise our constitutional rights over it, either!

What puzzles me is the timing of their visit vs. the announcement of the Veto. Was this purely coincidence, or did they know (or suspect) the Gov's office was going to announce that day, or did they just show up anyway, forcing the Gov's office to announce that particular day?   Very curious...

They will not stop with these stupid surveys till they eventually get one they can use. It's disgusting how biased the media is.

Btw of course not. Why would you want the opinion of out of state residents over the residents for a bill that only effects the residents in that state.

Notice they only attack states that they think are easy wins.

Anybidy know if those families have moved onto motivate another state right now? Or for some reason was NJ easy pickings for them?

If gun control is their actual goal, there are about 40 states with far more liberal gun laws where they would be completely wasting their time.

But I doubt this really has much, if anything to do with gun control. AFAIK, New Jersey is the only dark blue state with a Republican governor who is running for president in 2016. (He's leading the Republican pack in New Hampshire again according to the latest poll.)

Another meaningless, self-selective poll. 

Meeting them would have been equivalent to capitulation, not that we don't know, after Drake, CC's real stand on the 2nd amendment. The Newtown Nine are capitalizing on a horrible show that involved their own children. It doesn't get any lower than that. Don't any of them work?

That being said, meeting them might have benefited CC politically, and perhaps got them thinking about their Magical Misery Tour. Many years ago I realized that business travel was no longer fun, the free $75 steak and martini dinners notwithstanding. They may realize the same regarding Uncle Mike's Burger King and Motel 8 coupons.

Do you think their gov would of given us the time of day when he was deciding on their stupid gun laws. Hells No

Actually, pro 2nd folks who went to Connecticut to protest were told to go home and mind their own business.

Another meaningless, self-selective poll. 

Meeting them would have been equivalent to capitulation, not that we don't know, after Drake, CC's real stand on the 2nd amendment. The Newtown Nine are capitalizing on a horrible show that involved their own children. It doesn't get any lower than that. Don't any of them work?

That being said, meeting them might have benefited CC politically, and perhaps got them thinking about their Magical Misery Tour. Many years ago I realized that business travel was no longer fun, the free $75 steak and martini dinners notwithstanding. They may realize the same regarding Uncle Mike's Burger King and Motel 8 coupons.

Do you have children Newtonian?

As someone who has lost a child (at 17 years old) perhaps I can shed some light on the so-called Magical Misery Tour (I'm sure you thought it a clever turn of a phrase but it's really distasteful).

Let me preface my remarks by saying that I disagree with the group on the merits of their arguments.

But I fully understand their desire to make their children's lives stand for something. We can disagree with them without diminishing their pain.

"Capitilizing on a horrible show that involved their children" Really? How do they benefit? What's their payoff? Their children are dead.

Is getting interviewed on MSNBC or CNN the payoff? Just how are they capitalizing?

Sorry, they get a pass from me even though I disagree with them.