Sign in to follow this  
happycamper

New Ruger Red Label 12 ga

I do have 2.  One 30" SC model from early 90's and a new 30" SC one.  Problems? Not a one with either.  The older one is a little smoother, but I contribute that is because it is well worn in.  Expecting the same from the new one.  New one comes with soft case, full complement of chokes (flush fit) and choke wrench.  Wood fit is very good on both.

I use Carlson's LM and MOD extended tubes on mine. patterns better. Not much else to say.  Shotgun fit is the most important in choosing one.  IMHO a very good mid range O/U.

The Red Label is a stout gun, and over-built like most Ruger's. The knock against the Ruger O/U has always been its weight. I used a Sporting Clays (30") model for a few years shooting trap-doubles and occasionally skeet. I tried to like the gun but never could. I took it pheasant hunting; once. This model was not an upland game gun, by any stretch of the imagination, but its weight makes it a comfortable-to-shoot target gun. I sold mine and never regretted it. That was a while ago, when they could be found used for $500-$700.