MidwestPX

What did you take to the range most recently?

Id like to play!

Lets see..........

from L to R

My buddy's CZ-75 (I think)

his Kriss Vector

Henry 22 frontier

My Russian SKS

92fs

S&W E series 1911

M&P 15 - think I have it sighted pretty good @100 yards now. Really happy with the Nikon 223 scope! Was hitting steel at 200. Next trip I will put out a proper target @200 and see how I am. 

post-5759-0-91019100-1406039993_thumb.jpg

My father in law and I got out to the range this weekend. The SCAR and the LMT/Mega AR were his. I brought my 18" SPR and a couple full-auto PX guns. We had fun and popped a few full auto cherries as the other guys at the range hadn't shot full-auto before. All of the guns in this picture needed zeroed at various ranges which is the primary reason why we were out. Spreading the full-auto love around was just icing on the cake.

So what did you take and what did you do?

I just took my 18 y/o niece to HG Easton for the first time today (her first time shooting). She was able to shoot all my guns (P226 9mm, Shield 9mm, and even the Para Expert 1911 ,45acp). She also took the "Handgun 101 for women only" course and shot .22LR revolver and semi-auto pistol. Was the best shot in the class! Her groupings where freakin' scary good for her "first time." 

She will definitely be back.  :)  My 14 y/o nephew is next.

Recently had a .22 day at Woodland Park range. Took out the M&P 15-22 and the Sig Mosquito. Blew through about 250 rounds dialing in the AR and testing out the lower sight on the Skeeter. Good times. Love the range but hate being limited to 1 hour.

Hmmm....its been a couple of weeks ago (been a BUSY summer so far)   :(   but if I remember right, I brought four:

Mosin Nagant 91/30

S&W M&P 15 Sport

Colt Peacekeeper

Springfield 1911A1

Took my new Colt 901 carbine to SJSC last Saturday. Got it dialed in at 100 yards.

This Saturday, I'm taking the 901 and my 6940 to play on the 300yard range.

Check that...drove out to SJSC to play on the 300 yard range, but the whole range was closed today. Didn't realize today was the day for the Sportsman's Jamboree.

Day wasn't a loss, however. I had a great time exploring the jamboree and browsing the many vendors.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to play.

Really good friend of mine has 42 acres of land with his own lake. 4 ranges set up around the property and 5 dear stands for hunting. It's 5 minutes from my house and my new favorite spot to shoot. Tonight I got to put about 200 rounds down a IWI TAVOR, my new springfield 1911 mil-spec, glock30 gen 4, Rock island 1911 tac-2, hi-point 9mm carbine. The Tavor was almost scary accurate and probably the most fun I've had at any range. post-7850-140868081127_thumb.jpg

My little bullet hose .22 and the spare parts carbine build went out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the .22 to run subs reliably so I'll probably order an extra bolt to lighten and action spring to shorten. It'll be interesting to work on as I'm sure it'll be a lot of guess and check type work to make sure it'll run subs and supers reliably. The carbine got a new optic so I needed to get it zeroed.

My little bullet hose .22 and the spare parts carbine build went out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the .22 to run subs reliably so I'll probably order an extra bolt to lighten and action spring to shorten. It'll be interesting to work on as I'm sure it'll be a lot of guess and check type work to make sure it'll run subs and supers reliably. The carbine got a new optic so I needed to get it zeroed.

What bullet hose .22?

And CCI Standard is is subsonic, very consistent, and plenty of power. Try that.

Oh yeah, you lucky bastard. I have the cheapo version.

I told you before about my Bazooka Bros adapter that allows me to use the same mags, but it is more sensitive because it feeds from the bottom through my M16 magwell (not as designed). Mine will shoot only ONE type of ammo, and I've tried it all. However, suppressed, it will shoot any high velocity ammo and also CCI Standard which is silent suppressed. Give it a try!

You know what the loudest sound is? Other than bullet hitting the target? The hammer cocking. That surprised me. I always thought it would be the bolt but it's not. The M16 hammer makes a "clack!" sound when it cocks. It's not loud, but loud enough. It's similar to the clack sound you hear when you switch from semi to auto.

I took my 26 year old anti-gun daughter :)  Got her to use my Ruger 22/45 with a red dot.  She also tried my Glock G34 but thought the 9mm was way too much recoil.  Hey, at least she tried - that is a first step.

She even now agrees NJ gun laws are dumb, but only because they impacted her.  I was going to a match at Old Bridge a few weeks ago and she wanted to know if I could drop her at the train station at Matawan on the way.  I explained to her that was an unnecessary deviation and I could not :)  Boy does she hate NJ gun laws now that they impacted her plans.

Just got back from the range I've been building/manicuring on the shop property.  A few hours out there is amazingly therapeutic.

xkL61pv.jpg

View from the 100 yd position.  The middle of the grove of trees is a 50yd position.  20yds in front of the 100yd position is a pistol bay.  If you were in the pistol bay, the 100yd position would be at your 2 o'clock.

Mxiw7I7.jpg

6.5C LMT MWS with a SiCo Harvester on top and my .308 Mega frankenbuild with AAC 762SDN6 on bottom.  I typically don't like the 25rd .308 mags but I was monopodding off this one which worked surprisingly well.

gtNxutU.jpg

My rifle stovepiped on this round.  I knew something was off so I checked the brass and found an empty primer pocket.  The primer was in the lower.  I've noticed Hornady brass is pretty inconsistent with primer pockets with some being very loose and others being excessively tight.  Seeing as my rifle malfunctioned, I'm guessing it was a hot load...