Sign in to follow this  
410guy

Where to find Bersa handguns in NJ?

Ive been trying to find a Bersa Thunder .380 and/or a Thunder .22lr. I can find them available online but id like to avoid the hassle of transfer fees, etc. Plus id like to check one out in person rather than buying sight unseen online.

Does anyone know any shops in North or Central NJ that carry the Bersa Thunder series?

Thanks!!!!

... Pine Land Gun Shop, 1 mile from Central Jersey R&P.  Cyrus Servell, the owner now has one black matte and is always ordering more. He sells many to law enforcement for back ups so he keeps the nickel & blued ones in inventory.

Bought the Thunder 380 Plus satin nickel yesterday from Cyrus ... $375 cash.  Kept seeing the 15 rd magazine ones for $300+ online but by the time one has to wait for it to be shipped - pay $35 shipping + FFL Transfer - NICS and NJ Sales Tax, your way over $400.  Total cost with NICS and NJ Tax  at Pine Land was $417 ... and I walked out the door with it 15 minutes later.

Next stop was CJ indoor range and rapid fired 50 Speer rounds.  Not one chambering - extraction issues or hiccups ... I'm pleased with the features, comfortable feel in the hand, double action, PPK style, the POA accuracy, it's single stage set trigger and the 4# 7oz trigger pull

Then on the way home, stopped in at Guns & Roses on Rte 37 in Toms River.  Joe Hawk, the owner found me three 380 MTM 50rd Flip Top ammo boxes from David the gunsmith in Lakehurst.  He sold them to me for his cost at 2 bucks each and plans to stock ammo boxes for various calibers after convincing him that Midway's cost plus shipping plus the wait is getting to be a PIA

Needless to say, it was a good day & I came home a Happy Camper :dancer:

So being new to 380's - 300 once fired - Lee Dies - Dillon shell plate & powder funnel and an Accurate mold for the clone of the obsolete 100gr Lyman 356632 TC bullet have been ordered too!