Sign in to follow this  
Joe P.

Poll: Should the state Supreme Court hear a gun case?

The problem is (with this poll), both sides might want to have a case heard.  The better question would be,  "how do you think the court should rule???" 

These polls are notoriously biased. The only people interested in gun issues are ulta-liberals and gun owners. It seems, from the results of all these polls, that we outnumber them in poll-taking. But obviously not at the polls that matter.

These polls are notoriously biased. The only people interested in gun issues are ulta-liberals and gun owners. It seems, from the results of all these polls, that we outnumber them in poll-taking. But obviously not at the polls that matter.

Right.  I believe there are more of us standing out on the far right (on gun issues) than there are people standing out on the far left (on gun issues).  But the vast majority of NJ'ians don't care about the gun issue or any other issue and the overwhelmingly uninformed and uninterested middle votes left.  They would probably vote middle if there was a middle party but there isn't.

Right.  I believe there are more of us standing out on the far right (on gun issues) than there are people standing out on the far left (on gun issues).  But the vast majority of NJ'ians don't care about the gun issue or any other issue and the overwhelmingly uninformed and uninterested middle votes left.  They would probably vote middle if there was a middle party but there isn't.

Don't underestimate anti-gun sentiment in this state. Among my friends and acquaintances the anti-gunners outnumber me by at least 5:1. I've only had one real friend -- someone who visited with us regularly -- who was 100% pro-2A. He moved to Florida. Why do you suppose ownership in this state is a measly 12%, and people put up with what that lady from Philly is going through? The only people who care about guns in this state are a hefty fraction -- not all -- of those who own 'em. 

The anti gunners don't outnumber us. At least not those for whom it is a voting issue. Those we outnumber in polls, in person, etc.

The problem is NJ is heavily gerrymandered to start, and for most people in Nj, guns aren't even close to the top of their voting priorities.

And yes, plenty of gun owners fall into that category.

You want to make some pro rkba noise, bug your reps regarding the redistricting bill that's out there right now.