DirtyDigz

IWI now shipping Jersey legal Tavor "RS" models

Harrisburg, PA (July 2014) - IWI US, Inc., a subsidiary of Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd., is pleased to announce the TAVOR® SAR RS models for the states of Massachusetts, Maryland and New Jersey are now shipping to area distributors. The MA, MD and NJ RS models comply with all state statutes and still provides the TAVOR® SAR fan an unprecedented experience in firepower and performance.

The model TAVOR® SAR RS (TSB18RS) is built on the 18″ barrel model and features a non-removable 2″ muzzle break that yields an OAL of 30″ and is supplied with a 10-round magazine.

The TAVOR® SAR RS model incorporates a full-length MIL-STD Picatinny top rail in addition to the standard short rail mounted at a 45° angle opposite the charging handle. Backup Iron Sights (BUIS) are embedded and spring loaded in the top of the Picatinny rail and the front post contains a Tritium insert on a standard AR thread, fully adjustable for windage and elevation (tool provided). The standard caliber is .223/5.56 NATO. Available in Black only. MSRP is $2,049.00

Screen-Shot-2014-07-15-at-9.31.33-AM.png

Any NJ dealers here stocking them yet?

Saw those at the SHOT Show. Didn't like that long ass muzzle brake. If I were to buy one, I'd buy a regular one and have my choice of brake installed.

+1

They are really cool and I like that they take AR mags, but damn, 2 grand is just so steep. Worth it I'm sure, but just steep.

$1770 shipped from Estrella Ordnance with no sales tax.

I'm not sure about the RS model, but I saw Tavor in Ottomanelli's around February this year.  Certainly NJ-compliant, they can't sell it otherwise.  Both black and FDE.

No idea if they have any now.

Careful. I bought one from there that was completely illegal. Didn't realize it til I got home. Long story. Had a bayonet lug, A2 muzzle device, and 30rd mag with a rivet inserted at 15rds...

Brake doesn't bother me. Looks like a baby can. Like KAC.

I don't have bullpups so I haven't given barrel length much concern. The idea is usually to have rifle length barrel in sub-carbine package, not shortest possible. 5.56 is made for a 20" barrel, at some point past 14" you might as well give up and get a PS90. Coming from a guy with 11.5".

I'm not sure about the RS model, but I saw Tavor in Ottomanelli's around February this year.  Certainly NJ-compliant, they can't sell it otherwise.  Both black and FDE.

No idea if they have any now.

I bought one there in FDE they changed the brake and pinned and welded it. What else would need to be done?