Pizza Bob

Somerset IDPA - 7/20

There are still spots available for this Sunday's match. This is a great match for those that want to try IDPA. It's indoors, so not weather dependent. It is only four stages with a break for pizza between the first two stages and the last two - included in your $10 entry fee. A great match director and a great bunch of guys & gals. What's not to like?

Info & registration (req'd) here...

http://www.somersetidpa.com/matches/

See you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob,

Do you have to be a Somerset member and/or an IDPA member to participate?

Thanks!

No to both for the first time. Subsequent matches you need to be a member of IDPA, but not the host club.

Bob,

Do you have to be a Somerset member and/or an IDPA member to participate?

Thanks!

If this is your first IDPA match you do not need to be a member of either.

IDPA membership is required for 2nd match onwards but no membership of SCFGPA is required at all.

If you are a member of SCFGPA you need to come to practice tonight for orientation - we start at 7pm. This is a club members rule only.

Ordinarily I would agree with Bob about the Match Director being a great guy who is really good with bringing new folks on board. Unfortunately, Tom is going on vacation so you would have to put up with me instead.

The good news is I did not design the stages we're using this month so there it's nothing too devilish to deal with.

If you would like to join us please register using the link on the matches page at http://www.somersetidpa.com

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be there with a first time shooter(another lady )  , my husband "PE-te"  and a brand new G41 I was so looking forward shooting in CDP. Can't find a holster for it in time though , unless I chuck 14 bucks away on that cheap Glock OEM one.    

I'll be there with a first time shooter(another lady )  , my husband "PE-te"  and a brand new G41 I was so looking forward shooting in CDP. Can't find a holster for it in time though , unless I chuck 14 bucks away on that cheap Glock OEM one.    

Can't you use Pete's generic one that fits everything and anything :)

you mean the super tight leather one with the thumb break that only closes over whatever gun it was originally designed for which will forever remain a mystery ? Only if he will let me slice the thumb break off. I am doubtful I would get a green light for that.   

you mean the super tight leather one with the thumb break that only closes over whatever gun it was originally designed for which will forever remain a mystery ? Only if he will let me slice the thumb break off. I am doubtful I would get a green light for that.   

CUT IT OFF!  Or just duct tape it open :)

Since Pete usually just leaves it flapping I think duct tape would be an improvement - less likely to catch in the trigger guard when holstering.

Or just do a Bobbit while he is sleeping :ph34r::blink:

Come on down. You can walk in the woods while the rest of us gorge ourselves on pizza. What a country - you get to shoot and feel self-righteous.

FYI: Remember that Easton is a BUG match this month, so you may want to take advantage of Somerset to shoot your full-sized gun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

FYI: Remember that Easton is a BUG match this month, so you may want to take advantage of Somerset to shoot your full-sized gun

Thanks Bob. I'm actually looking forward to that as I want to put my new G26 to work.

As for being surrounded by trees...well that's not exactly what I was trying to accomplish. I was thinking something more like the Catskills...I'm leaning more towards Somerset though.

FYI: Remember that Easton is a BUG match this month, so you may want to take advantage of Somerset to shoot your full-sized gun

Easton may not be a bug match. Dan said he'd confirm and I haven't heard yet.

I know they did that at OB in the past - but I think it's bogus. There is a definition of a BUG gun in the rules - based solely on barrel length and type of gun (semi-auto or revolver), and I think that is what it should be shot with. And it's 5 rounds, not six, and no loading on the clock.

8.2.6.2.1. Handguns permitted for use in BUG matches must: 
8.2.6.2.1.1. Be single action, double action, double action only, or striker fired. 
8.2.6.2.1.2. Be either semi-automatic or revolver. 
8.2.6.2.1.3. Be a center fire caliber 
8.2.6.2.1.4. Barrel length: 
8.2.6.2.1.5. Semi-automatic: 3.8” or less. 
8.2.6.2.1.6. Revolver: 3” or less. 

May not even happen - no use getting my knickers in a twist.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know they did that at OB in the past - but I think it's bogus. There is a definition of a BUG gun in the rules - based solely on barrel length and type of gun (semi-auto or revolver), and I think that is what it should be shot with. And it's 5 rounds, not six, and no loading on the clock.

8.2.6.2.1. Handguns permitted for use in BUG matches must: 
8.2.6.2.1.1. Be single action, double action, double action only, or striker fired. 
8.2.6.2.1.2. Be either semi-automatic or revolver. 
8.2.6.2.1.3. Be a center fire caliber 
8.2.6.2.1.4. Barrel length: 
8.2.6.2.1.5. Semi-automatic: 3.8” or less. 
8.2.6.2.1.6. Revolver: 3” or less. 

May not even happen - no use getting my knickers in a twist.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was at the BUG match at OB - Nobody had any fullsize guns as far as I remember.  

Yeah but Bob R had specifically said it was ok. Using MD prerogative I suppose.

Bob is a great guy and wouldn't turn someone away from a match if there was any way to accommodate them. If it was me, I would let full size guns shoot "not for score".

Bob is a great guy and wouldn't turn someone away from a match if there was any way to accommodate them. If it was me, I would let full size guns shoot "not for score".

Agreed

I was at the BUG match at OB - Nobody had any fullsize guns as far as I remember.  

I was at the same Match with you.  There MAY have been 1-2 Newbies with full-size guns that were allowed to shoot the Match.  Or am I thinking of the BUG Match year(s) before that--the one where we shot at a "charging Dog target" and pulled a full-weight Dummy away from the threat?  Getting fuzzy in my old age, lol!

But everyone is correct--if you show-up to a local Match you'll most likely be accommodated, provided you don't cop an attitude....

Dave

I was at the same Match with you.  There MAY have been 1-2 Newbies with full-size guns that were allowed to shoot the Match.  Or am I thinking of the BUG Match year(s) before that--the one where we shot at a "charging Dog target" and pulled a full-weight Dummy away from the threat?  Getting fuzzy in my old age, lol!

But everyone is correct--if you show-up to a local Match you'll most likely be accommodated, provided you don't cop an attitude....

Dave

I don't recall any newbies at that match.  I don't think we had to drag any dummies at that one.

Believe it or not , the G41 does not fit in the flapping thumb break fits all Pete holster. Glad I did not "Bobbitt"  it while he slept lol ;)

I am wondering if the rumor that it fits in the box is true..I will be bringing my trusty Colt for CDP backup in case it does not. Going to grab one of the cheap Glock OEM holsters if I can. Moot point if I can't.