JaketheMoose

Pocket 9mm opinions

Shield is good.  Galloway Precision makes a replacement trigger for the LC9.  SCCY  so so.  Nano acquired liking.

Pocket carry and Subcompacts are two different categories.  You'll need to check carefully.  I would make sure you do touchy feeley with them before crossing any off the lists.  Each has a big list of pluses and minuses.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/05/teamgunblogger-com/21-minipocket-9mm-pistols-for-concealed-carry/

I've heard very little about these and don't know anyone who has one. But the nano has perked my curiosity.

I have one.  Snagless design.  6+1 capacity or 8+1 with extended mags.  Striker fired.  It was what people want from Glock - a single stack 9mm.  The trigger pull is long but smooth.  

iR67UlT.jpg

Pocketgun? Go with the S&W Bodyguard .380

You also don't want a pocketgun as a nightstand gun. Get a full size or a compact if you must.

Pocket gun and nightstand gun are two entirely different roles and ideally you want different guns to fulfill those roles.

Shield is a great gun, but definitely not pocket sized. I shot a lc9. Trigger was god awful. I bought a kahr cm9. Similar to pm9 without the bells and whistles. Look into it. Its an awesome gun.

Pocketgun? Go with the S&W Bodyguard .380

You also don't want a pocketgun as a nightstand gun. Get a full size or a compact if you must.

Pocket gun and nightstand gun are two entirely different roles and ideally you want different guns to fulfill those roles.

Not interested in a .380, looking for compact 9mm