JaketheMoose

Pocket 9mm opinions

What did you find in your research that made you go with the PM9 over the CM9? It looks like most of the differences between the 2 are cosmetic and nothing that would affect reliability?

Perhaps I wasn't clear.   I chose the Kahr over other manufacturers.  Not PM9 over CM9.

I bought the PM9 over CM9 because I got it on a deal.

Met up with buddy of mine who was carrying an XDS9 on his ankle and said he absolutely loved it. GB seems to have them in the neighborhood of 450-500 with 4mags (2/7 & 2/9)! I liked the feel of it and he says it's a great shooter.

Can anybody else weigh in on the Xds? Especially when compared to the Kahr and the shield?

Met up with buddy of mine who was carrying an XDS9 on his ankle and said he absolutely loved it. GB seems to have them in the neighborhood of 450-500 with 4mags (2/7 & 2/9)! I liked the feel of it and he says it's a great shooter.

Can anybody else weigh in on the Xds? Especially when compared to the Kahr and the shield?

That sounds like a great deal!  My XDs .45 only came with 2 5rd mags.  I was told the kits that had the extended mags were the recalls, Springfield added an extended mag as a bonus when sending back a recalled pistol.   I have never shot a Kahr or Shield, but I do have a Kimber Solo 9mm.  The XDs is easier to grip and shoot due to its slightly larger size compared to a pocket pistol.  The XDs DA trigger is a harder pull and takes getting used to imo.  Springfield makes the entire XDs package very attractive, they even include 2 fiber optic sticks in green and red.  Personally, the XDs feels great in my hand and I have no regrets with the purchase.  I added a Pearce grip extension to give my pinky a place to rest.  

14155902025_2db29c51b0.jpg

I have owned the Shield, PM9, and Walther PPS. I have had the chance to play with the XDS and the nano. Of all of them, I still have the Shield.

PM9 - Great little gun, for me it was just a little too small to shoot comfortably and accurately.

Walther PPS - Awesome trigger, very comfortable to shoot, very accurate. Unfortunately, I bought that one in .40. It had feeding issues and a heck of a kick.

XDS - Personally, didn't like anything about it. Especially the feel in my hands.

Nano - Meh. It's OK, nothing special about it that peaked my interest. Besides, if Nick likes it, it can't be any good.

Shield - Very nice feel in the hands, comfortable to shoot, accurate. Trigger is not the best but, could be made much better with an Apex kit. Although I will probably leave it be. It's not a competition or range gun, the stock trigger is just fine for it's purpose, which for me is AIWB around the house.

I was also in the market for a small pistol and went today to look at a bunch. I looked at the Shield, XDs and Kahr, but decided on the Glock 42. I didn't love the Kahr and the Shield and XDs are noticeably larger than the G42 and I wanted something really small.

.380 is expensive! I only bought 1 box, need to order some online now. I had one malfunction in the 50 rounds which I'm pretty bummed about. Also the trigger is ridiculously heavy, I hope it wears in some.

If anyone wants to try it tomorrow at the OB steel match let me know and I'll bring it. But ya gotta bring your own .380 since I'm out.

I'm sure I'll also wind up with a Shield in the near future. I like the XDs too, but they're about $200 more than the Shield...