Sign in to follow this  
scarecrow

Thoughts on Rossi & Taurus Revolvers

OK, waiting on a couple of P2P’s and plan to buy a couple revolvers. (Love that old school stuff) Anyway I already have a S&W 64, a Colt Police Positive, Ruger GP 100 and a Ruger Vaquero all great guns.

Here’s the question. How disappointed am I going to be with a Taurus or Rossi? They both have a large selection in styles I like. Anyone here own one? How does it perform? And overall do you like it?

I have a pre-Taurus model 68 2" Rossi. Works fine. Not a Smith in terms of fit and finish but it goes bang evry time and was less that $150 NIB out the door when Navy Arms still had a store in Ridgefield. Perhaps they are hit and miss, as some have claimed. Mine was a hit. When reading posts note those who have actually owned a firearm rather than take advice from the usual keyboard commandos who are just gassing.

I have a Taurus revolver.  The finish is not as fine as a S&W but there are no gaps between parts, no surface imperfections that I could point to.   I've shot several hundred rounds with no issues. 

I drive a Chevy truck.  There are those that think I should drive a Lexus.  I'm happy with my truck.

I had a Rossi back in 1991 and it was a piece of junk I won't ever own another Rossi.

Taurus was the only company to sign on with NJIT when NJ passed the smart gun law so I will NEVER buy anything Taurus!

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.