Donobieus

Using magnets to secure pistols in safe???

You can always get something like these wire shelf hanging doodads. They work great. Better than door diapers. ;)

Makes a nice family photo as they pose.

Don't have to get them untangled.

Slip off, cock and shoot!

byte7aha.jpg

You can always get something like these wire shelf hanging doodads. They work great. Better than door diapers. ;) Makes a nice family photo as they pose. Don't have to get them untangled. Slip off, cock and shoot! byte7aha.jpg

Thats nice!  I also have those "wire shelf hanging doodads".  But, since it was a magnet topic lol... still like the "door diapers".  Always good to have other options.  Make good use of that real estate in the safe.  Awesome collection by the way.

hehhe... It's not full. There are others staged not in there.... Since that shot, all extra ammo has been moved to a ammo cabinet to free up space... :)

Thats nice!  I also have those "wire shelf hanging doodads".  But, since it was a magnet topic lol... still like the "door diapers".  Always good to have other options.  Make good use of that real estate in the safe.  Awesome collection by the way.

hehhe... It's not full. There are others staged not in there.... Since that shot, all extra ammo has been moved to a ammo cabinet to free up space... :)

I would hope so. That shelf is screaming. No reason to keep ammo in a gun safe.

I would hope so. That shelf is screaming. No reason to keep ammo in a gun safe.

Before my ammo cabinet, I kept it in ammo cans in a closet... Just ran out of ammo cans at the time. Now, only ammo in safe is loaded mags of various types...

I resorted to 50Cal ammo cans for the ammo with some having loaded mags for the pistols. Each firearm has it's own can.

Pretty much same thing... In the safe, each pistol is loaded with defense rounds and/or ball. Cabinet, the bulk ammo is loaded into color coded MTM 100 round packs. Factory is just stacked by caliber and brand. Shotty is in ammo cans as well as bulk ammo not loaded into packs. I have over 1100 rounds of all pistol ammo loaded into those 100 round packs because they are easy to grab, keep inventory and blow at fast to the range.

I created a spreadsheet which stays in cabinet and what's taken is logged out then packs are reloaded including any empty pistol mags. Opps, sorry for being off topic. :) Got carried away.

Pretty much same thing... In the safe, each pistol is loaded with defense rounds and/or ball. Cabinet, the bulk ammo is loaded into color coded MTM 100 round packs. Factory is just stacked by caliber and brand. Shotty is in ammo cans as well as bulk ammo not loaded into packs. I have over 1100 rounds of all pistol ammo loaded into those 100 round packs because they are easy to grab, keep inventory and blow at fast to the range.

I created a spreadsheet which stays in cabinet and what's taken is logged out then packs are reloaded including any empty pistol mags. Opps, sorry for being off topic. :) Got carried away.

Hahaha all good on getting carried away lol.

Back to the darn magnets...  darn magnets!

XSS5LET.jpg

You can always get something like these wire shelf hanging doodads. They work great. Better than door diapers. ;)

Makes a nice family photo as they pose.

Don't have to get them untangled.

Slip off, cock and shoot!

byte7aha.jpg

Do the guns on the hangers hang past the shelf?

Not much room between my door and shelf when door is closed.

Sorry for the late reply. Must of missed your post. Nope, they stay under the shelf.

+1 For the shelf hangers and magnets in the safe

IMG_0396.jpg

No they do not stick out past the shelf at all, although something along the lines of a glock 34/35 or 1911 may come close, The longest gun I have hanging on them right now is a sig p226.

Thanks John.

Thanks guys. May need to try these as I've run out of room in my safe.

No prob. My longest and heaviest guns are my 1911s... They stay under shelf and don't slide off. Ones I got are rubber coated to protect barrel. I'll see if I can remember where I got them and provide a link.

No prob. My longest and heaviest guns are my 1911s... They stay under shelf and don't slide off. Ones I got are rubber coated to protect barrel. I'll see if I can remember where I got them and provide a link.

I was just going to ask if they were rubber coated and if so where to get them lol I would like to get a smaller safe for now until we move into a permanent house just to store a couple of our handguns for easier access to them. Right now my 9mm is locked in it's gun case. By the time I grab the key, take the case off the top closet shelf, unlock 2 padlocks, open the case and load the mag into the gun I'll probably be dead. Much rather have a small safe to punch a code into quick and remove gun/mag. 

Thought I bought them on Amazon but can't find the order. But they have them there and on ebay from 9-15 bux a 4 pack. I think I got them on ebay awhile ago. Bought a dozen...

I don't have much space between the shelf and door, so I use these hangars that slip over the inside edge of the shelf. That way it puts the muzzle all the way against the inside wall.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MS75O4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1