boo

working mossberg slide release with pistol grip stock installed

So is it just me, or is it a royal pain in the @ss to work the slide release when you have a pistol grip stock installed on a Mossberg shotgun? I just bought a used Mossberg 535 Tactical Turkey model sight unseen off gunbroker (wanted something tacticool for turkey and HD) and I'm wondering how the heck I'm supposed to work the slide release? With the pistol grip installed, it's in a really awkward location, and I can't imagine trying to work it during a stress situation. Heck, I have trouble trying to work it in a non-stress situation. Is there a way to relocate it? Something I'm just supposed to train on?

I have never used one myself on a 500 due to that very reason.  

If you are gripping with right hand and your right thumb can reach it, that is not too bad. 

But I think conventional wisdom is that pistol grips work best with non-mossbergs. I have never heard of a repositioning of the button.

I bought a 590 with a pistol grip and swapped it out for a traditional wood stock. 

So is it just me, or is it a royal pain in the @ss to work the slide release when you have a pistol grip stock installed on a Mossberg shotgun? I just bought a used Mossberg 535 Tactical Turkey model sight unseen off gunbroker (wanted something tacticool for turkey and HD) and I'm wondering how the heck I'm supposed to work the slide release? With the pistol grip installed, it's in a really awkward location, and I can't imagine trying to work it during a stress situation. Heck, I have trouble trying to work it in a non-stress situation. Is there a way to relocate it? Something I'm just supposed to train on?

Why would you be unloading it in a stress situation?