302w

How much should a used 870 barrel run?

I've been perusing Ebay for used 870 barrels and the prices I see are atrocious. Garden variety 26"-28" ventribs off of the base model Express go for $130 or so. If you spend about $100 more you can buy one at Dicks and get a free 870 with it. 

I really want a second barrel to cut down to 18.5" but the prices of new shotguns are too close to used barrels.

So.. what is a "good" price for one of these? I'm talking cheapo, matte blued ventrib stuff. 

Look for a brand new Remington barrel made by Mossberg.  They're cheap but not vent rib.

I don't like cutting vent rib barrels.

Here you go $103

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/242364/remington-barrel-remington-870-12-gauge-3-18-1-2-fixed-improved-cylinder-bead-sight-parkerized?cm_vc=subv1242364

I've become a bit of an expert recently. The barrels on 870s are surprisingly expensive. Currently it's looking like my Wingmaster build I started in order to save money will end up costing me about $330. I hadn't anticipated how costly used parts would be.

But to answer your question, you'll find them starting at $100-$180, depending on length, condition, if it's vented, etc. If you get lucky, an ebay auction might end up closing below $100, but not by much. Best sale price I've seen so far was an auction that went for $75 before shipping.

Keep me in the loop with what you find. I'm also looking for an 18.5" barrel.