ryan_j

Wal-Mart buying ammo, are you ever asked for your FID?

Does anyone know why NJ Walmarts don't sell anything?

To sell ammo they would need to have a NJ state firearms dealers license (at a minimum) and the employees who sell it would need to be pink carded, most likely not worth the hassle for them.

To sell ammo they would need to have a NJ state firearms dealers license (at a minimum) and the employees who sell it would need to be pink carded, most likely not worth the hassle for them.

Many of the Walmart employees near me would have a problem getting a pink card because I suspect many of them don't have a valid card of the complimentary color.

Walmart here in Mt. Olive barely sells knives let alone anything gun related. Wish they would.

If you mean the ITC Wal-Mart, I just bought my Hunting License from them.  They had plenty of optics and other supplies....  Just no guns or ammo. :dontknow:

You should run a sting Ryan. Go there with one of your friends and approach the counter separately to buy ammo, one, then the other. If you friend isn't asked for the FID and you are, ask for the manager and threaten a discrimination suit.

Why should Ryan do it? He is not an attorney not has he played one while staying at a Holiday Inn Express (correct me if I'm wrong on that last bit, Ryan)

Why don't you run a sting?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Why should Ryan do it? He is not an attorney not has he played one while staying at a Holiday Inn Express (correct me if I'm wrong on that last bit, Ryan)

Because he feels he may be the target of discrimination. They don't ask his "white" friends for the FID but they ask him.

The store assistant manager called me today. He asked for some details and then said he would review the policies with the sporting goods staff.

He also confirmed that their policy is to ask for ID and not for the NJ FID. I also explained to him about how my "white" friends were having no difficulty whatsoever and I was being asked for my FID and that I wouldn't have a problem if it was being applied consistently. I just want to be treated fairly. He agreed. 

Hopefully they will resolve this. I'll be back this weekend. 

Already done unintentionally. My friends who I shoot with go to the same store and deal with the same employee. They don't get asked for their FID, only their ID and a driver license only will suffice. 

If I don't get it resolved this time I'll run a sting. I'll even pay for the ammo. 

If you mean the ITC Wal-Mart, I just bought my Hunting License from them.  They had plenty of optics and other supplies....  Just no guns or ammo. :dontknow:

Really? I must be looking down the wrong aisle. Any tactical/range bags, stuff like that? I have looked a few times and never find anything gun related. I've also wandered around that Walmart for 45 mins looking for bathroom storage units and then realizing it was back by the paint after I asked an employee. Stupid me figured it would be by housewares and the towels and stuff..

Really? I must be looking down the wrong aisle. Any tactical/range bags, stuff like that? I have looked a few times and never find anything gun related. I've also wandered around that Walmart for 45 mins looking for bathroom storage units and then realizing it was back by the paint after I asked an employee. Stupid me figured it would be by housewares and the towels and stuff..

I don't recall about all the other gear,  but I definitely remember optics. I remember that they had a ton of the NJ Fish & Wildlife digest magaziines sitting on the counter.

All the Wal-Marts I know of in Morris and Warren Counties are F & W License agents.  I don't guarantee their "printers' all work (the Dick's in Rockaway didn't), but they are listed as agents.

I don't recall about all the other gear, but I definitely remember optics. I remember that they had a ton of the NJ Fish & Wildlife digest magaziines sitting on the counter.

All the Wal-Marts I know of in Morris and Warren Counties are F & W License agents. I don't guarantee their "printers' all work (the Dick's in Rockaway didn't), but they are listed as agents.

Never had luck getting a permit/license at Wal-Mart. Always a personnel or equipment problem.

Never had luck getting a permit/license at Wal-Mart. Always a personnel or equipment problem.

I can understand. It is only the "1st" permit that must be purchased from an agent. The renewals, etc., can be bought on-line. I don't know if it would be worth the store's trouble and $$ to keep it operating if there aren't that many using it.

Not sure if you still care, but I was at the Hazelton PA Walmart and they didn't even ask for ID for 9mm ammo. I'm asian, often mistaken for hispanic, generally recognized as over 21, and the sales associate knew I was from NJ.

I was chatting with the guy ahead of me in line. He's buying a hunting license when pulls out a NJ DL. Turns out he's originally from PA, but recently moved to NJ. I wanted to wrap my hands around his neck and shake some sense into him, lol.

ITC sells hunting gear, deer bait, camo, scent blocker, tree stands, crap like that, but no tactical shooting gear for handgunning.

If I don't get it resolved this time I'll run a sting. I'll even pay for the ammo.

I'll go with you, buy ammo see if they ask for a FID from me. Then you attempt to buy. If they ask you for it, I will cause a scene in that store about discrimination that clerk will never forget. I have zero problem being a straight up asshole if I have to. That kind of thing makes my blood boil.

I hope the forum finds this as funny as I did.  I'm traveling on business this eek in North Carolina.  Every time I travel I stop at a local Walmart to see what is available for ammo.  I wound up buying a couple hundred rounds of .45acp and .357Mag today.  On my way out I asked for directions, and got a funny look from the guy at the checkout.  Then I realized what I'd just done.

I was buying ammo and asked where the local movie theatre was. 

Oops.  We had a good laugh at that one after the awkwardness passed.  Funny, but not.  

And I was never asked for id of any kind.

Not sure if you still care, but I was at the Hazelton PA Walmart and they didn't even ask for ID for 9mm ammo. I'm asian, often mistaken for hispanic, generally recognized as over 21, and the sales associate knew I was from NJ.

I have never provided ID at any Walmart and I have mostly bought 9mm over the years.

I was in the Walmart near Hershey Park this past weekend.  Bought 7 bricks, 2 525rd Remington Golden Bullets, 2 Federal 550rd, and 3 Federal 525rd....no limit, no ID, no anything.  Just paid and left.  I asked if he needed to see my NJ FID and he looked at me like I had 2 heads!  God I wish I lived in Free America!!!

I was in the Walmart near Hershey Park this past weekend. Bought 7 bricks, 2 525rd Remington Golden Bullets, 2 Federal 550rd, and 3 Federal 525rd....no limit, no ID, no anything. Just paid and left. I asked if he needed to see my NJ FID and he looked at me like I had 2 heads! God I wish I lived in Free America!!!

Nice man, I was out in Lancaster pa this past weekend and picked up a pellet gun in Walmart. My wife asked me if how long it would take and I told no time at all in free America.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Just had to bump this due to the oddest encounter. I'm at the Hazelton Walmart and decide to pick up some 38sp while I'm there. Kid at the counter asks for ID so I show my DL. "Oh....New Jersey ". And with a look of concern he asks "Are you from North Jersey or South Jersey?" I reply North. "Oh , you're okay then because I can't sell handgun ammo to you if you're from South Jersey because possession of handgun ammo is illegal in South Jersey unless you also have a license to carry ". I really wanted to ask what happens to people from Central Jersey, or where the dividing line is supposed to be, but I figured I'd just pay for the ammo and be done with it.

On two occasions this week, I bought ammo at the Wal-Mart in Willow Grove, Pa.

I bought a mixture of 5.56 and 7.62, about 300 rounds per trip.

Neither one of the employees asked me for ID of any kind.

On two occasions this week, I bought ammo at the Wal-Mart in Willow Grove, Pa.

I bought a mixture of 5.56 and 7.62, about 300 rounds per trip.

Neither one of the employees asked me for ID of any kind.

did they have any 22lr?