Vlad G

CJ USPSA Aug 10th

Practice is good but don't let your "newness" hold you back.  

We all were new once and just starting out. 

Your primary focus should be on safety.  Accuracy and speed will come.  As long as you are safe is all that anyone is going to ask from you.  Oh, and that you help build and repair targets during the match.

One thing that helped me a lot in USPSA was designing and building.  You learn a lot about the sport when you work with an experienced builder.  I know I did.

If you see me out at the range don't hesitate to introduce yourself.  I drive a white envoy and more times that not my son will be with me.

To your question, IDPA is a different game than USPSA.  We shoot USPSA at CJ.  Old Bridge runs an IDPA event.

Your G-19 can be shot in either event.

I don't know what a Tir-3 is and so can't answer that question.

I understand what your saying. I would not hesitate to help with target repair, Tlr-3 is a small tac light made by streamlight. My IWB and OWB kydex holsters were molded for a mounted light. I have considered ordering a lightless kydex holster as well but the light never gets in the way, I dont even notice it really. I need to give this a try, especially if any events run on saturdays. Im jumpin in, in september, good info

Got it.

You can shoot with a mounted light but will change your classification from production to open (I think).  Someone with better knowledge can correct that point.

All it does is change your scoring, which for a new shooter is the last thing you should be worried about.

The other option is just to remove the light but you'll want to make sure the holster provides sufficient retention while your walking around all day, or, you could just draw from the holster and then bag the gun.

Point being is that you can make it work. 

Also the kydex holster I have is meant for a tlr-3. Does anyone leave those on their rail during competition?

The holster is fine, but the light would have to come off the gun for IDPA. Not 100% certain, but probably the same for USPSA. Unfair advantage in that the extra weight on the front of the gun mitigates recoil. There are low/no light stages in IDPA, but any lights must be hand held.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PS: Vlad / Jim: Great match yesterday. Vlad, I appreciate your concern - I just look like I'm about to expire (actually one more stage and I might have. LOL).

I quite enjoyed the match yesterday, I shot pretty well and didn't do half bad on the classifier.

What little sunblock I put on in the early morning didnt do jack s**t, I need to find me a new hat, My face is a bright toasty red with a pale white area where my sunglasses were. Not pretty.

Raccoon Eyes is what we call them in my house.  My wife and daughter generally just point and laugh.  

She got that boonie hat I was wearing yesterday at Costco for like 20 bucks I think.  I can have her pick you up one if you'd like.

I have sunblock in my range bag should you ever need some.

One not so small point of clarification.

USPSA is shot at Old Bridge on the 4th Sunday, at CJ on the 2nd Sunday, at Shongum on the 1st Saturday. There are also a couple USPSA matches in PA, 1st Saturday is Lower Providence, 3rd Satruday is Southern Chester.

Old Bridge does run IDPA on the 2nd Sunday. There are a number of IDPA matches in southern NJ. I can't tell you where as I Don't Play Anymore! (IDPA) :gaming: :gaming: :gaming: :gaming: :gaming:

Time for me to read the rule book haha

Just show up with whatever you like to shoot, there will be a division for it.    If you want to shoot with a light, then you will be in Open division.  In NJ with the magazine restriction, divisions are just about meaningless,  There is very little advantage of shooting one division over the other in the overall placement