Respect2A

8/6 CJRPC General Membership Meeting. Anyone Going?

So according to the interwebs there might be some controversy at the meeting tonight. Someone calling out the BOD for financials. Supposedly he requested them a month or so ago.

I can't make the meeting due to work so just seeing if anyone else is going and maybe a rundown of what goes on tonight.

They could not kick george out because they didn't follow the by laws on how to do it. (Something you might think the club leadership might know about bein they were rewriting them and all). But otherwise nothing much. Mileage for BOD was brought up nothing came of it except they all said it was accounted for. The fudds yelled that everything was on the up and up and why were these new members causing trouble. Someone called John Scott Obama. They said that the people that asked for financials gt what the club was legally required to give them. Last audit was in 2010. They are supposed to be doing one for 2013. We overpayed 2000 dollars on postage for the newsletter cause the account rep was giving us a bill that did not match the actual postage. Has not been decided how the printing company will reimburse us yet. We apparently have account in 7 different banks that John Coakly has to drive to all the time (came up during mileage discussion). That's all I can remember. If I missed something I sure someone else that was there will fill in

Oh I forgot Bry@n calllef the membership that tried to vote George out a bunch of hippocrites LMAO way to got :)

That was Bry@n?

I only met once briefly in the parking lot one day while chatting with Alec Mc.

You pretty much summed it up Mikey.

The one thing that sticks with me is why didn't they audit the 2011 or 2012 fiscal?

Ken (I think that's his name) is till pretty riled up about the issue (stupid thing he did referring to the President as "Obama") and I'd love to know what he's got or what he thinks he's got that still has him so riled up.  He said something about blank checks and stuff.

I know.

I'm just wondering out loud why the President chose to audit 2013 when the allegations of misappropriation are alleged to have taken place in 2011 and 2012.  

I can't help but feel like they are evading something but I really don't want to believe it's true.  This is why I'd love to see what Ken (I think that's his name) and George have, or think they have, so that I could draw my on conclusion.

Being on the board is a thankless job and I really want to believe that they are acting in a fiduciary manner.  At the same time some of the decisions that I've seen since joining, and those that I've heard about, make me ponder.  

I missed the vote thing last month and that should not have been allowed to proceed in the first place. Irresponsible on all the of the officers to have allowed it.

The cat calls in the back were absurd.

Every dues paying member is a shareholder and has a right to know and ask how the 1.8 million dollars is being controlled.

After all, once you have your 5 years and are vested in the club, wouldn't you want to know where all the money comes and goes in case it was to close shop?

The BOD's get indignant every time they are questioned 

The prez got a little loud and boisterous at first, but perhaps the attorney told him to calm down and act civil, as he was fine after the initial outburst.

And just how much did that cost us to have an attorney sit there for well over an hour before any club business came up that he would be needed?

Kind of reminded me of a legal proceeding. 

Someone asks a question, attorney leans over and whispers in the ear.................

The member asking about he mileage is within his rights. If he head a rumor he has a right to question it.The obama remark was out of place. He might have lost a few there.

The hypocrite comment form the yellow shirt guy was spot on.

In the newsletter it was mentioned that he newsletter costs 50K a year, I kind of expected that to be a discussed issue last night, but it was only just touched.

I for one would vote for an electronic only version, with the few that need a paper version continue as always, without being charged extra.

I do find it a bit heard to believe that the entire row sitting behind me "had no internet or email" capability.

Did anyone sign up for the Guidestar account to look at what was filed?

From 2012

$433K in other expenses, Schedule O

$2,4347 for mileage

$2,289 for fuel

$1,457 Travel

$141,940 repairs and maintenance

Schedule L part IV $102K, project manager

I could see where a club member would want to question some things

I know.

I'm just wondering out loud why the President chose to audit 2013 when the allegations of misappropriation are alleged to have taken place in 2011 and 2012.

I can't help but feel like they are evading something but I really don't want to believe it's true. This is why I'd love to see what Ken (I think that's his name) and George have, or think they have, so that I could draw my on conclusion.

Being on the board is a thankless job and I really want to believe that they are acting in a fiduciary manner. At the same time some of the decisions that I've seen since joining, and those that I've heard about, make me ponder.

I agree would like all this out in the open so we could see what is going on. There should be something every year that the board needs to publish to the members showing where money went.

Exactly.

All from 2012, yet, the President "commissioned" an audit for 2013, at the cost of $10,500.  Ponderous, no?

History proves that the cover up is almost always worse than the initial crime.

I'm not suggesting that a crime took place, nor a cover up, but it's frustrating to see all this transpire and we (figuratively) no where closer to having it resolved.

I agree would like all this out in the open so we could see what is going on. There should be something every year that the board needs to publish to the members showing where money went.

Tax returns are published every year and are available to see online.

The question however is the minutia on what goes into the tax returns.

We can see how much was spent on mileage, or fuel, but what we can't see are the receipts and mileage logs that are used to justify and support the expense.

We have to take the board and our treasurer at the word that the expenses are justified and that they are acting in a fiduciary manner.

It's a thankless job and once the criticism starts flying it's not hard to understand why they react negatively.

The lady from the Jr. program brought out a very good point about Walt traveling to Camp Perry and back.  That's a lot of mileage right there.

I missed the vote thing last month and that should not have been allowed to proceed in the first place. Irresponsible on all the of the officers to have allowed it.

The cat calls in the back were absurd.

Every dues paying member is a shareholder and has a right to know and ask how the 1.8 million dollars is being controlled.

After all, once you have your 5 years and are vested in the club, wouldn't you want to know where all the money comes and goes in case it was to close shop?

The BOD's get indignant every time they are questioned

The prez got a little loud and boisterous at first, but perhaps the attorney told him to calm down and act civil, as he was fine after the initial outburst.

And just how much did that cost us to have an attorney sit there for well over an hour before any club business came up that he would be needed?

Kind of reminded me of a legal proceeding.

Someone asks a question, attorney leans over and whispers in the ear.................

The member asking about he mileage is within his rights. If he head a rumor he has a right to question it.The obama remark was out of place. He might have lost a few there.

The hypocrite comment form the yellow shirt guy was spot on.

In the newsletter it was mentioned that he newsletter costs 50K a year, I kind of expected that to be a discussed issue last night, but it was only just touched.

I for one would vote for an electronic only version, with the few that need a paper version continue as always, without being charged extra.

I do find it a bit heard to believe that the entire row sitting behind me "had no internet or email" capability.

Did anyone sign up for the Guidestar account to look at what was filed?

From 2012

$433K in other expenses, Schedule O

$2,4347 for mileage

$2,289 for fuel

$1,457 Travel

$141,940 repairs and maintenance

Yeah the cat calls and speak into the mike were insane if anything they should cat call the reading of the minutes an all useless stuff that went in during the first hour.

One thing that needs to happen is get more of the newer members involved. The older members just don't care as long as they get their coffee and 50/50 they seem content.

What project required a 102,000 in management.

Another thing that got me was when Gene said some of the services we pay for we just have to trust they are being done. REALLY Wtf is that all about. You mean that not one of the 13 board members can't check at least once every month or two to make sure services that are being contracted for are being done.

Another thing that got me was when Gene said some of the services we pay for we just have to trust they are being done. REALLY Wtf is that all about. You mean that not one of the 13 board members can't check at least once every month or two to make sure services that are being contracted for are being done.

I don't know all of the recurring services are completed, but take for example the port o john's.  

The BOD can tell when they enter the property because they access the gate with fob, so they know they are on site.  But the only way to check if they are actually pumping each john is to inspect the sign off sheet on the inside of the john.    Are we really going to require a member of the BOD to do that every month and then report to the treasurer before he pays them?

Attorney at regular club meeting?  Big red flag time!

I don't view it that way.

The "faction" that is looking for this information has initiated legal action to obtain it.  

If I'm on the board I want a lawyer present.

The problem is that we as members are paying for it.

And the audit too.

The "Faction" had to get legal with a threat of eviction from the club. Expenses and ATM cards and the mileage? Fo what? Driving from bank to bank, or from ATM to ATM? Something smells fishy! Management fee? BS!

Yeah that was me calling them hypocrites.

I spoke with john and I let him know how I feel which wasn't different from what I said out loud. In not afraid to speak my mind.

From what I understand now that people have filled me in on what's going on, is that there is misappropriation of funds. It's not going away anytime soon and the membership is paying for the clubs lawyer to be there to protect the club.

Mileage is for board members coming to the club to do club business, treasurer going bank to bank etc... Same goes for the rest of the board members. I'm sure they charge mileage for the board meetings.