Respect2A

8/6 CJRPC General Membership Meeting. Anyone Going?

Provided that is an accurate estimate and its done in a timely manner, id be ok with 125 given our budget. was this voted on, or was everyone to busy going back and forth?

Did anyone else go almost every weekend when they first joined? haha

I don't know if this was voted on or not.

125k to pave the entrance was the estimate. Based on the last few projects that were approved expect that to double at a minimum before it is finished.

Also consider, we are losing 10-15k/month on average due to reduced membership and projects going on. 1mm doesnt last very long when you are losing $ every month.

At the last meeting when the old timers were yelling things like "who cares whats going on bc we have a million dollars" I wanted to vomit bc these idiots have no sense of fiscal responsibility.

The bottom line for me is this:

Transparency is always a good thing and there has been more than enough evidence brought forward that the board should produce everything asked for I.e. receipts. If we are fighting for transparency in our govt the gun club we all own a part of better provide the same bc otherwise we are just hypocrites.

Sorry for all the posts but two more things...yes metsfan its disconcerting that as a new member all this is going on. There is alot of money being moved around and it all needs to be accounted for.

Second is if Byron actually took $102k/yr the last few years as a management fee he better answer for that and explain on a line item basis why every project went over budget.

So basically without stopping the bleeding we would have to drain that shit to satisfy that bill. I wonder when we are required to have that take place. Id inagine there is some sort of time frame, i.e. every 15 years or n something. Does the DEP do soil testing everyn so often?

I was thinking about joining... With a baby coming and the $900 it will cost me upfront to join, all of this info might keep me away.....

I could never afford up pay the 900 then get slammed with some type of assessment ....

I was thinking about joining... With a baby coming and the $900 it will cost me upfront to join, all of this info might keep me away.....

I could never afford up pay the 900 then get slammed with some type of assessment ....

Upsides and downsides...the initial buy in is brutal, but I dont regret joining given the amount of fun I have there.

I've heard that Burom has made comments to the affect that this club should be charging $500 for what the members get.

Now that is only rumor and I can't remember where I heard it from but I remember them saying Byron said it. I really think we need to vote in some new blood in the next BOD vote.

I just got my badge last week and went to "the pits" for the very first time last night. I loved it. 

Reading this thread is a little disheartening for a new member :-/

...........I also dont think the $ amount to pave the roadway is too far off base, but I only have experience with a small driveway. 

I'm very seriously considering running.

We need new blood, younger blood, and people who are involved int he various action shooting.

It's on my radar.

In also thinking of it. I'm pretty even keeled and don't have any agenda.

honestly, the only thing pissing ,me off is that I can't draw from my holster until I show "Mr. president" 3 match results, but thats off topic.

My view, that isn't an unreasonable request for a BOD to impose on a new member.

3 events means you will have had to draw from the holster at least 18 times (USPSA) or as many as 90 times in the case of a steel event, just using those two games.

They want to know that you've practiced and are proficient at safely drawing and re-holstering a loaded gun and have done so under the supervision of a range officer.

They want the range to be safe.  If some member shoots himself in the foot and you can rest assured that there are going to be very negative implications for all of us.

125k to pave the entrance was the estimate. Based on the last few projects that were approved expect that to double at a minimum before it is finished.

Also consider, we are losing 10-15k/month on average due to reduced membership and projects going on. 1mm doesnt last very long when you are losing $ every month.

At the last meeting when the old timers were yelling things like "who cares whats going on bc we have a million dollars" I wanted to vomit bc these idiots have no sense of fiscal responsibility.

The bottom line for me is this:

Transparency is always a good thing and there has been more than enough evidence brought forward that the board should produce everything asked for I.e. receipts. If we are fighting for transparency in our govt the gun club we all own a part of better provide the same bc otherwise we are just hypocrites.

I understand, wont be long before i satisfy that requirmwent. Should be able to show prior course completion such as "holster draw" or should be able to test out at new member sign up during live fire. Just my opinion though I know it changes nothing. If I am there at an odd hour im

I don't know if this was voted on or not.

My view, that isn't an unreasonable request for a BOD to impose on a new member.

3 events means you will have had to draw from the holster at least 18 times (USPSA) or as many as 90 times in the case of a steel event, just using those two games.

They want to know that you've practiced and are proficient at safely drawing and re-holstering a loaded gun and have done so under the supervision of a range officer.

They want the range to be safe. If some member shoots himself in the foot and you can rest assured that there are going to be very negative implications for all of us.

I feel the checkbook and bank statement should be open on the website for ALL members to see where the checks are going. We are all part owners! When I joined 10 years ago there was 1.1 million in the account. I thought the same thing that it would grow after new members joined and dues. Now it seems like just a personal bank account for some.

Egg zactly--AM glad to see some people wanting to run for BOD, that's the way it should be. Put skin in the game if you want to make a change. Will be a thankless job with everybody hating you, and accusing you of malfeasance and delusions of grandeur and greed and incompetence and officiousness, much like some posters are doing here to the current board..For me it wouldn't be worth any money to have to deal with the state, county, feds, town, various competition organizations that use the place, and various fudds and chronic complainers that never lift a finger to help out. But that's pretty much every voluntary organization, ever :)

No the checkbook and bank statement should not be publicly available, that would be stupid. As is having all the receipts available. That is what authors are for. Nobody needs some douchebag questioning every little thing all the time. May as well fold the place up, because no one would ever do that job of treasurer or Board member.

No the checkbook and bank statement should not be publicly available, that would be stupid. As is having all the receipts available. That is what authors are for. Nobody needs some douchebag questioning every little thing all the time. May as well fold the place up, because no one would ever do that job of treasurer or Board member.

Matty I agree with you I the checkbook thing but everything over a certain amount needs to be available for the members to see. I would like to know just what we got for 102000 in management fees what did that get us and who did it go to. That is 10 percent of the balance in account. Do you it feel that is a reasonable request. They will not say what that money got us.

Yes, that's fine, is there a statement of work for the Project manager? A job description at least? A report, weekly/monthly/quarterly? List of projects? Something? On the big stuff yeah, maybe Mr.Loyer is doing a great job of it, I dunno. But there were some people and are (in my experience with voluntary organizations) that want to scrutinize every freaking dime for everything, like paper plates (don't ask:) ) and bog down spending decisions to the point of paralysis. I have seen it happen. Taxes gotta be paid, someone has to mind the contractors that are doing work and deal with the local and state and federal bureaucracies, on and on. Who all knows tax and accounting rules for nonprofits, and wants to take over the treasurers job? Must also have child and geriatric psych degrees. :)

As I said, I am all for new people running for BOD and winning and showing what they can do

Err .. the IRS kinda says otherwise.

So basically without stopping the bleeding we would have to drain that shit to satisfy that bill. I wonder when we are required to have that take place. Id inagine there is some sort of time frame, i.e. every 15 years or n something. Does the DEP do soil testing everyn so often?

Nope, you just have to have a plan. Putting down line and phosphate while saving to pay for remediation if the place closes would cut it with federal EPA.

The club started a mess by asking the state how to comply because they perceived a threat had been made by the state to set an example. This opened up a huge can of worms because the shot gunners were leaving lead on adjacent property, and despite the club pre dating the pine lands commission, we now have to run everything past them. So now we are in the process of remediation in place.

As for paving anything, why are we doing that? We got in deep poop with pine lands for having anything paved and had to rip stuff up and put down tailings.

Is this a NON-PROFIT? But a large profit for a select few? Obviously the copy of the tax return should open a few eyeballs! This misappropriation of funds has gone too far!

Did the membership do the hiring? Was a 1099 issued? Any other perks involved? If he is considered an employee, Workmans comp.? SS tax?