Inplainsight

Help with FID Application

Hello,

I'm working on my application for an FID and had a few questions about the process. I am a permanent resident (Green Card) and have returned to the US after an absence of two years. I was in the US from 2001 - 2012 and out of the country from 2012 till march 2014.

I'm a little confused about the Mental Health Background Check form SP-066, it needs addresses for the last 10 years and it does not allow for a foreign address. What should I put there?

Also, about the references. Do they have to be 'citizens' from NJ? The only folks I know (and will vouch for me) in NJ are Green Card holders (legal permanent residents), the US citizens I know live outside of NJ. What should I do here?

Thanks for your help,

I'm a green card holder too. Your references must be US citizens which is a shame because I have been asked by several friends to act as referee for them but I have had to decline. They do not have to be NJ residents.

As for the previous addresses I put my foreign ones with dates on a separate piece of paper and submitted that with the application.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Do they have to be 'citizens' from NJ?

No, They say it makes it "faster" if the references are from NJ because the letters are mailed from the PD to the reference, filled our and have to be mailed back from the reference.  But nothing states they hae to be NJ citizens just legal US citizens.  Good luck!

Basically they have to send to the county adjuster where you live or have lived. This is for NJ addresses only. 

I do mine with NJSPThey want to contact the county adjuster's office where you live to get your mental health records. That's pretty much the only reason they need your previous addresses. 

But ask your PD and explain that you lived outside of the country between X dates. They may tell you just put the dates you lived in the US within the last 5 years. 

I'll be your reference after a 30 second telephone conversation about what football teams you like. You are only buying a gun, which I think everybody is qualified to do.

But if Jersey government calls me to check your references they may not like what I have to say to them.

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies!

So I have *finally* completed all the paperwork and am still a little confused about the Mental Health Background Check form SP-066.

I, and don't ask me how, am unable to recollect all the addresses that I've resided in during the past 10 years! I moved around quite and bit and just didn't keep track! 

I have details of all the rental leases that I signed but there are periods that I just can not account for.  For example, I was living in NJ from 02/2007 - 09/2007, then I moved to PA from 11/2007 - 12/2009. During the one month gap, I had my mail forwarded to a friend's house in NJ, but I was living out of a hotel in PA while searching for an apartment to rent. 

What are my options? I tried running a background check on myself using intelius, but they failed to locate any matches for me!

I have the rest of my paperwork ready and want to schedule my finger print ASAP.

Thanks,

You never received mail at those addresses? 

Try to pull your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com and it will list your previous addresses. 

That's brilliant! You deserve a medal!

I did that, It mentions PO Boxes that I had used for mail forwarding while out of the country. Should I put these down on the application?

Filled out my application and went over to the Police Department today. They looked over my paperwork and gave me the Universal Fingerprinting Form.

Unfortunately, the earliest date available for fingerprinting is 09/22/2014. Will keep everyone appraised of the developments.

Thanks for your help and support.